Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SB39

switching to ice boot

I somehwat like the fit of my PF8's, but I skate barefoot and will be skating about 12 hours a week the next 7 months, so the boots may well die even being new. Has anyone had any problems with using an ice boot for roller? I remember hearing that early RHI players went through bearings quickly and slipped a lot because the ventilation in the bottom of the boots would drip sweat onto the wheels and bearings. Is that still an issue for people with custom skates?

The reason they would drip sweat on the wheels was because they never plugged the holes that were left fron the ice chassis. As long as the person who mounts the in line chassis on the ice boot fills in the holes that shouldn't be a problem. As far as ventilation in the bottom of the boots I have never heard of that. I know some manufactures but ventilation in the sides and toe cap of the boots.

I somehwat like the fit of my PF8's, but I skate barefoot and will be skating about 12 hours a week the next 7 months, so the boots may well die even being new. Has anyone had any problems with using an ice boot for roller? I remember hearing that early RHI players went through bearings quickly and slipped a lot because the ventilation in the bottom of the boots would drip sweat onto the wheels and bearings. Is that still an issue for people with custom skates?

I just went custom last season after a pair of Mission D1's and D2's had failed me. I had just stopped playing ice hockey so I had a pair of Nike Air Accel Elite's (Sergei Fedorov's skates) that had seen maybe 2 games. I had never ever used them, so I decided to convert them and mate them to the mission chassis. I can say that I'm in love, and these are probably the best feeling skates since my Wicked lights. I have no issue with sweat drip one bit, and cannot see how I would. The only ventilation coming from my boot is at the top of my toe cap, and that usually stays relatively dry. I really encourage you to try a custom skate, as you may end up liking it enough to stick with it.

On the problem of dripping sweat and slipping that can happen but I don’t here of it much. I have never heard of the extra holes on the bottom to be “Ventilation†I know that depending on what skates you convert the bottom of the skate where the cap is connected in that area can feel a little weaker but you get us to it.