Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruin88

broken collarbone

i broke my collarbone last night and i wanna know from whoever else has done it if hitting is ever the same ,cause i dont think ill hit again :( and how long before ill get a t shirt on?

i tee'd a guy up on the boards sideways ,went in and as i went in and tuched him i heard a pop and my coach even heard it and yeah

Oh I'm sorry to here that man. I broke mine twice in the same spot 3 months apart and it sucked. You probably won't be able to get a shirt on or off for a couple of days, because of the overwelming pain. Also, hitting won't be as bad as you think. It takes a little getting used to, but after a couple of hits, it feels great

I broke my collar bone twice last year. I could get my shirt on and off very slowly but that might be cause i only broke it half way through. but whatever you do, do not get straight back on the ice when the doctor clears you. I went back the first night I was cleared and broke it again. You can never be too sure.

I broke mine last winter and I wore the same shirt for a week ,but the doctor said 6 weeks for me and I went back at 6 but I just got bumped and it hurt alittle so I took another week off and it was fine,plus I got hammered about 5 times the first game back at 7 weeks and it didnt hurt so I wasnt scared to hit anymore after that.

Once it's fully healed it is stronger than the rest of the bone, it will break somewhere else before the same spot breaks again.

I was about 3 months before playing again. Falling down on the ice can hurt more than a hit!

My freid broke his. He got hit in practise and didn't even fall over and it broke in two places. He was in a wheel chair for a couple weeks and dindt go to school for about a month. He missed most of the hockey season. He has a huge bump on it were it joined together. He hits the same as before I think except sometimes it hurts him.

Once it's fully healed it is stronger than the rest of the bone, it will break somewhere else before the same spot breaks again.

I was about 3 months before playing again. Falling down on the ice can hurt more than a hit!

Are you sure about that because It was 2 months after I broke it the first time, it was completely healed, and I broke it in the exact same spot.