Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Itech HC100

Itech HC100

Fit- I don't have a very wide head, and the HC100 was a perfect shape. The interior of the helmet was pretty comfortable, but a tad on the hard side. However, it wasn't a problem at all. Air circulation was also very good in this helmet. 9/10

Protection- Getting bumped by stick was fine while wearing the helmet. However, I did once lose an edge and hit my head into the boards, and it did not absorb the shock very well. I was pretty dizzy and a bit nauseous after. 8/10

Weight- This is one of the most lightweight helmets, so weight wasn't an issue. 8.5/10

Durability- The interior was in great shape after 4 months. The various nicks and scratches are inevitable. However after 4 months, the front screws which held my cage on ripped through the foam. I was forced to get a new helmet. I have been informed that Itech will be fixing this problem for their '04 helmets. 7/10

Intangibles- The thing that suited me the best with this helmet was how well it fit my head. It was to bad that it had that durability issue which forced me to switch. 9/10

Conclusion- I think I would still be using this helmet had there not been a durability issue. Fortunately the front screws aren't necessary, so I can use it with a visor. I give this helmet an overall 8/10.