Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

Bearings....

Just wondering what type and grade bearings everyone is using?...Also what type of cleaning and maintince do you do on your bearings?...What products you use to clean them and how and what and if you grease them back up after a cleaning?...Thanks

I had skated on a set of Boss Swiss bearings for years until they finally crapped out on me a couple months ago, mostly because i didn't maintain them early on like i should have.

I tried a set of Boss Titanium bearings after that, and the speed difference between the two was pretty noticeable. Not a huge difference, but once you get used to the swiss, its tough to go back. I used those for about 10 weeks and just recently bought a set of Bones swiss super 6 bearings. These have 6 ball bearings instead of 7 which supposedly makes them faster.

As far as maintaining, I like to clean the bearings using Sonics citrus bearing cleaner every 10 skates or so. I'll lube them every 5 or so. I usually use sonic super oil.

quick question about bearings...

i've got a pair of nike quest 1's i use for roller witha redstar chassis, the redstar sniper wheels on them are dead, and i wanna put some outdoors on them. will i need to switch bearings as well, or can i just get the wheels?

The only reason you would need to switch bearings is if you had invested in a nice pair and didn't want to mess them up. Otherwise, they would fit in an outdoor wheel no problem. Unless you have mini bearings, but chances are your skate didn't come with them.