Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alostsok

7500 v 9500?

There's about a 25% price increase from the 7500's to the 9500's. I am just hoping for some advice on how big the differences are between the two skates in terms of stiffness, durability, weight, and performance.

I know these are new, so durability is a little difficult to gauge, but how different is the boot construction and the quality of the materials between the two boots?

I've read about the 'upgrades' on Epuck about the chassis being higher level, the liner being higher quality, the mini bearings (the smallest factor), etc. I am just wondering about real-life difference from anyone who has skates in both or been around both..

Thanks!

ive been around both..right away from past years ive noticed that the boot looks thicker.. which is a good thing. It means more stiffness and probably will absorb more beating/ shots to the foot. The 7500 and 9500 look almost the same as for stiffness.. just feeling the 9500 it feels like it has a stiffer upper boot. More ankle support. The tongue also looks like its a better material and also has that insert in the tongue.. i think the 7500s have the insert also but im not sure.

The biggest difference on these two models in the internal construction and the external material...The Ankle counter on the 9500 is composite, where as the ankle counter on the 7500 is PVC. The entire 9500 boot is Microfiber (Lighter, more durable, better quality)..Both are great boots, but the 9500 is lighter, stiffer, and better built than the 7500....It costs more, so of course it is better...

i have the 7500 and if you dont have the money for the 9500 im sure the 7500 won't dissapoint you.

Exactly....All of this year's skates are great....It is just a matter of which fits into your price range...