Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benchboy

Mission 2006 sizes - still the same?

Right - so Benchboy's 11.5D D-Limiteds are not the same size as 11.5D D1Cs or 11.5D in the new line.

11.5D D-Limiteds would go up a 1/2 or a full size to 12D or 12.5D in the new line...

Hey Justin can you please clear this up for me.

One person is saying yes and the other no.

It might be a bit of overkill here, but if I get skates sent all the way to Australia I want to make sure they fit!

Hey Benchboy, don't know if this will help but...

I had a pair of D1Cs 8.5, and switched them for 8.5 9500s...

The 9500s seem slightly roomier up front. The toe box is tad bit wider (which was big for my wide feet), but the ankle seems slightly narrower.

Nice to hear the toe box is wider.

I have been wearing missions for years and have huge calluses on my big toes from them rubbing against the plastic.

Hey Benchboy, don't know if this will help but...

I had a pair of D1Cs 8.5, and switched them for 8.5 9500s...

The 9500s seem slightly roomier up front. The toe box is tad bit wider (which was big for my wide feet), but the ankle seems slightly narrower.

I think he's still trying to figure out if the new skates run the same size as his D-Limited's, not D1c's. See Blueline's comments above. Justin, oh, Justin, where are you?

Hey Benchboy, you might want to try editing your original post and putting something like "question for Justin" in the Topic Description box. That way he'll see it without having to open the topic.

I asked justin about sizing for the new mission line in the mission 06 thread.

I'd tried my buddies pair of D1Cs in a 9D and they fitted me perfectly. Justin told me that the new line would be the same sizing and that I should get a 9D in the He9500s.

Wow, I guess I need to work weekends as well....No patience at all...lol...

As for your question, the sizing will be similar to last years skates (which were built on the same last as the D-Limited). However, the D-limited fits different since it was supple fit skate. That is were the sizing variance came in.

One thing we did do this year was add a bit more room in the forefoot of the skate, so that it would be wider.

For Example, I am a 10 shoe, and I wear a 8.5 skate.

You are a 11.5 D-Limited and should be an 11.5 in the 2006 line

Justin - I believe that all online retailers indicate (on their pages and in their fit tools) that the sizing for Mission skates is the same as US shoe sizes. Many of them also indicate that this is the manufacturer's recommendation. Are you going to have them all change this?

I ordered a half-size smaller than my shoe to be safe, but looks like I still might have gone too big. (I'll know soon enough, though)

"You are a 11.5 D-Limited and should be an 11.5 in the 2006 line"

I hope so as it is going to cost me $200US in shipping alone if that is wrong.

I ordered the 9500 in a 10 and I'm used to a 10.5 in earlier mission models. I tried on last years 750s in a 10 and they were kinda small especially in the toe. When I was at my LHS they had the 9500 in 10 and 10.5, so I tried both and the 10 was fine. I think they must have made the toe box wider. I currently have the pure flys converted to roller and those are 10.5... Are ice and roller sized differently for mission?

Now I am confused.

I have 11D Pure Flys for Ice and and 11.5D D-Limiteds for Inline.

I just wish there was somewhere here, (Australia), that I could try the skates on before ordering over the internet.

I was told that the 2003 and 2004 Mission Ice skates were running a half size smaller than the Inlines, that is why I bought the different sizes.

I had 99 VSI's in an 11D and they were never right.

I have to buy new skates soon from the net as the Mission Distributor here won't have any untill February next year.

I will buy the 11.5D on your advise Justin. Thanks heaps for all your help with this. I just REALLY wanted to avoid sending the skates back if they were the wrong size.

They won't have the new Mission skates here until February either, had the d1c's in a 9D and they where just a tiny bit too small (like a snug fit but they were crushing my toes, yet I still played in them for 5 months)

The Distrubitor will give me a pair of 9.5d 10000's as requested, but he's specially ordering them so I can't go squat if it turnes out I can fit a pair of 9d's in the new skates since the toebox might be slighty bigger...

I.E: can't wait to hear your conclusion! B)