Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Nike V10 Elbow Pads

Product- Nike V10 Elbow pads

Background- 5'6 150 pounds, centre/rightwing

Use of product- 10 months of use

Fit- Very comfortable elbow pads, the only thing I would change would be to make them a little deeper. The first few times it felt like my elbow wasn’t sitting right in the pad. It’s only slipped once after falling, but I did get a bruise. 8/10

Protection- Besides it slipping, I’ve never been hurt wearing these elbows. 9/10

Weight- Pretty light, don’t really notice that I’m wearing them now. 10/10

Durability- No rips or tears still in awesome shape. 10/10

Intangibles- I chose these instead of the Jofas because they were cheaper. Once they are worn in they’re the best elbow pads ever. I tried my brothers Jofa 9135s for 1 game and they aren’t near as comfortable as the Nikes. 10/10

Conclusion- Great elbow pads, I’ll probably stick with Nike for elbow unless I can find a pad with a deeper fit and with the same comfort. The liner feels great on them; they are really popular around here too. Overall Rating: 9.4 (average)

Nike Quest V-10 Elbow Pads

Fit - They're fit great. They are comfortable and fit snug. As for slippage, it can at times slip out of place when falling or if you get knocked pretty hard. 8/10

Protection - I've been hurt a few times with these on but since I got such a deal on them I couldn't refuse. One time I was basically tripped up and i landed on my tailbone and my right elbow and it felt like the center of the elbow was blowing up. I'm not sure what the Nike Air is for but if it was there for protection, didn't do a very good job. Sometimes when I'm playing the boards, my elbow gets jammed into the glass and I can definately feel some impact there. I've never had these problems when I first got these so it could be a wear factor. 6.5/10

Weight - I'm not one who complains about weight too much but these are pretty light. 10/10

Durability - I've had these for about a year now and they've been holding up fine. Still looks somewhat new and doesn't have any tears or rips yet. 10/10

Intangibles - At first these were doing really good for me and I got these because they were dirt cheap. They get really comfy and flexy after you break them in and are good if you don't get seriously dirtied up on the ice. Yes I hurt my elbows a few times but they do hold up against the average falls.

Conclusion - I might go with the V-14s or I might go down the RBK path. Either way I'm not unsatisfied and I'm not super satisfied with these.

Final Score - 8.8/10