Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles

Calling all tennis players.

I'm starting tennis this summer and wondered what are "extras" and what are "needs". I just got a new racket for my birthday, and I'm not sure where to start? Ill need some new shoes, any suggestions? Stuff like the tennis tape, is that needed? Thanks in advance.

Hey. I play for school and I suggest getting K-Swiss tennis shoes...NOT running shoes. You need specific types because you will wear holes in them. Also, buy extra grip wraps (I suggest Wilson wraps) which will wrap around any type of racket. Once you play you might wanna buy a vibration dampener or wristbands and whatnot.

For shoes I use K-Swiss Accomplish. I've used them the last 2 years. They hold up great. Also, I agree with the Wilson Overgrips. They're the best. You don't really need a vibration dampener, though, I just use a rubber band (does the same thing). Hat and sunglasses are ussually a must as well. I think that's about it that is needed.

If hes just starting up he wont really need overgrips just yet. But to go along with the other guys, tennis shoes are a must. If you dont want to buy tennis shoes, just go with something that has protection over the toe, and has a non marking sole.

If hes just starting up he wont really need overgrips just yet.  But to go along with the other guys, tennis shoes are a must.  If you dont want to buy tennis shoes, just go with something that has protection over the toe, and has a non marking sole.

I guess you're right. Wait til you get a bit better until you get some overgrips.

Dangle - Just out of curiosity, what type of racquet did you get?

Guest Datsyuk*13

I had sugi shoes they were fine for the 30 bucks i paid.

ambro - Got to that today on msn, but for everyone else I've got a Wilson Hammer 25, it was bought at SportChek, where would I get these grips and shoes etc..?

ambro - Got to that today on msn, but for everyone else I've got a Wilson Hammer 25, it was bought at SportChek, where would I get these grips and shoes etc..?

You might be able to get grips at SportChek as well, but they won't be good quality. Any tennis shop should have them, but like it was said already, you shouldn't need them quite yet. Also shoes you can get at about any shoe store.

Finally got around to getting them, been really busy. I got K-Swiss Celantro at SportChek, feel and look like a good show, i'll try them out tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Guest LEAFS12

I would asume that basketball shoes would be good. I've only played the sport once, and it was for fun.

try out the agassi pro grip which is in a blue color. Supposidly that stuff rocks. Wilson Cushion-Aire grips aren't bad. And I second that motion about using court shoes. K-Swiss is pretty good for that although most people wear them casually.