Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rebel96

rink rat MB816

Just got me a pair of mission 9500s. Unreal skate, my best so far. As are the wheels but.....

I play on a wood floor. The wheels grip perfectly, super grippy in fact (they make that sweet squeaky noise when you stop hard) but i noticed when i'd come in on a breakaway and spread my feet wide to get stability my feet would just keep going and i'd end up in a deranged version of the splits.

Now I don't think this is the floor's problem because as i said the wheels gripped superbly everywhere else. What I did notice was the way the wheel was shaped. On one side the wheel curves smoothly to the hub, but on the other there is a straight edge to the hub about 4 or 5 mm in length. I figured this was makin me slip cos there wasn't enough wheel in contact with the ground.

So... I rotated all the wheels so that this flat edge was on the outside. Sure enough it got rid of my breakaway-splits problem but now the wheels slip away when I'm doing crossovers.

Anyone else have problems like this? I've notice this flat edge on loads of other wheels but never had a problem like this.

What i've done for now is to rotate every other wheel inside and outside to see if this gives me better grip.....haven't skated on that set up yet so we'll see if it works.

Sorry for being so long winded,

Dave

my friend has those wheels too and he is going back to the regular rinkrats cause he isn't happy with the wheels slipping either. i do however have the rinkrat blue flames which are almost like the MB816 and have not had any problems with them.

are the 816's narrow a la the Z-Rated's? Maybe you're just used to a wider footprint on the wheels? I tried to use some 76mm speed wheels back in the day and they were just too narrow for my skating style (none)