Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougie8

NHL-Around Half Way Through

Do you like the New N.H.L better than last season?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think of the "New NHL" so far? What new rules do u like, dis-like or hate? What do you like about the game more than last year, or what do you miss from last season?

I really like how there is more scoring, Jagr already has 60-some points

I like the "No clutching and grabbing", there has been some really week calls, and some really good ones. The ref's have to be more consistant

And I LOVE the shoot-out, all though my team does suck at it, I still like to see All-Star players go one on one with a goalie, I haven't seen ALOT of Highlight reel dekes besides the obvious, Marek Malik, Sydney Crosby, A.O....Etc...

I dis-like the rule where you shoot it over the glass on a clearing attempt you get two minutes for delay of game.

I dont like how you can't stand in the crease anymore, (anyone see Salo's goal get waved off cause Bert was standing in the Crease :huh:, and then he scored on the exact same play) I didn't know you couldn't stand in the crease? Is that just because there has been too many Goalie Interferance calls?

I like it. I honestly do. The game has opened up, it's more exciting. I went to a Devils-Leafs game on NYE and was actually not bored.

Some things that need to be addressed are the crashing the goalie rules. I have seen refs over-protect goalies in some circumstances. I'm sorry, if you have full control of the puck, and drove to the net hard a few seasons ago, you were a "Power Forward". Now that same move costs you 2 minutes. Ridiculous. A player shouldn't have to slow down, and kill his own momentum just because a goalie is there...especially if the goalie isn't in the paint. Just nuts some of the calls I've seen.

Another thing that worries me are the marginal calls being made. I'm watching the Detroit-Dallas game, and Mickey even got a little pissed at a call that was made in the 1st. He said I'd hate to see a call like that in the playoffs, and have a team lose because of it. I have to agree. If the player has the puck, call it. But if it's away from the play, and the hook doesn't really slow the player down...I dunno, it's just me, but it shouldn't be called sometimes.

Other than that, 2 thumbs up.