Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Bauer 8000 Skates

Bauer 8000 Skates

7.5 D

Reviewer's Stats

5'7 140

Narrow heel, wide forefoot.

Introduction - At first I actually wanted the Vapor XX's before this skate but the main reason I got the 8000's was because as soon as I put my foot in the XX's, it didn't feel right at all and because I could get it for a super discounted price..

Fit - Basically this is what got me buying the skate. Personally I loved the way Nike's locked your heel in place and when I tried it on in my store I felt the same way. Although these don't completely lock your heel in place, they work for me. 8/10

Blade/Holder - At first I was skeptical about Lightspeeds because I was so happy with my Custom+. When I stepped on the ice, I could feel the difference right away. It took some time to get used to the holders but after I did it felt perfectly right. In the future I MIGHT try Perf steel but if anything I'd probably get another non-perf and maybe switch the LS2 Power. 9/10

Weight - I have 0 complaints about the weight. 10/10

Protection - The boot is stiff. I've taken pucks to the toe, the side of the boot and I didn't feel much. 9/10

Durability - Looking at the boot and seeing all the stitching and whatnot I thought that was all there for a purpose? Was I wrong? After a few games the stitching is ripping out, theres slits, cuts, tears and plastic rips. However, these are only cosmetics. The boot itself is fine. 8/10

Conclusion - I am happy with these skates overall. I do have one thing I have to say though. Having blister problems with other skates, I thought the problem would be solved with time and breaking-in. After a period of time and thinking that I've broken them in, I've still had blister problems. I've gotten 4 on 1 foot and 3 on the other as opposed to 1 on each from the previous skates. I'm still trying to find a good insole that won't crush my toes but will give me enough support on my insteps.

Overall 8.8/10

Bauer Supreme 8000 Skates

5D

Reviewers Stats

5'6" and 120 lbs

Intro: I skated in Bauer 7000 for two seasons before purchasing the 8000's. I loved the 7000's and figured that i would like the 8000's as well. I was right.

Fit: To me the fit is good. My heel stays in place even when the skate is laced loosely. No tight spots or lace bite. Tounge doesn't slide sideways like some skates. 9/10

Blade/Holder: The lightspeed holder is very nice. I could deffinetly fell the difference coming from custom plus's to the lightspeed. The lightspeed feels a lot higher at first, but it is easy to get used to. I think it is about 3mm higher. The steel however leaves something to be desired. Instead of getting small nicks you get long flat spots, i hear that this can be fixed by purchasing ls2 steel.

Holder: 9/10 Steel:7/10

Weight: These skates are very light. (could be the size) 10/10

Protection: This skate is very protective. Have taken shots from the side and only experienced minor pain. Tounge is of decent thickness, but not as thick as graf's 9/10

Durablity: Some of the material behind the toe cap has rubbed off, and there are small cuts on the toe cap, and side of the boot, but nothing to worry about. One nice feature is the toe comes with a protect toe coating on it. 9/10

Conclusion: I am very satisfied with my 8000's. They are very comfortable and I didn't even get them heat molded. I believe that i only got one blister while breaking them in and it was noting major. Overall these are the best skates that i have had. Overall 8.8/10

Just want to start out by saying this is my first post here. Great site.

Reviewer: 5’ 9†159lbs.

feet: narrow heel

size 6.5D

Intro: In 2003, I needed some new skates after having the same pair of Koho’s for what seemed like ages. Everyone I knew recommended Bauer. I tried on Vapor XX’s and a pair of 8000’s. The 8000’s were a little snugger on my foot so I went with it.

Fit: They are a pretty traditional fit compared to newer skates. I like a snug, tight boot with minimal movement. So these are perfect. I don’t have wide feet though; if you do, get an EE or you’ll be in some pain. They’re also very stiff, but for me they fit well, so the break in time was minimal. I baked them, which helped. One thing that helped with these skates was that before I wore them on the ice I put on wet socks, laced the skates up tight, and wore them around my apartment with skate guards. I took some ribbing from roommates and neighbors, but where would you rather break in a skate: painfully on the ice, or not so painfully at home? The first time I wore them on the ice it felt like I’d been skating in them for years. 9.5/10

Blade/ Holder: I liked the rigid light speed a lot. My only complaint would be the pitch, but I had the blade re-contoured slightly, so that problem was solved. If you skate very low to the ice like me, they may not feel so great right out of the box. Also, right after I replaced the steel, after sharpening it down, it broke. Not sure if it was a fluke, but I heard tuuk light speed steel has a tendency to do that. It was solid steel, not perforated either. 8.0/10

Weight: Not the lightest skate, but you won’t notice. It’s no vapor, but when it came out it was one of the lighter skates around. The fit and construction more than makes up for any perceived shortcoming in weight. 8.0/10

Protection: They’re stiff, and there is some hard plastic around the Bauer logo. They’re tougher than most new skates. 9/10

Durability: 8000’s have as durable a boot as you’ll find. They have plenty of scars, but still feel almost like when I got them 4 years ago. If you need boots that will stay stiff years after you got them, these are it. Like I said, I did break some steel once, though. 9.5/10

Conclusion: If you like a tight fitting stiff boot these are the skates for you. I suspect if you can still find a pair, they’d be at clearance prices and definitely deserve some attention. In my opinion, 8000’s are one of the best pairs of skates around.