Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

DR Legend series gloves

Fit- A true 14" glove so it was a bit smaller than I prefer but it's as close as I can get with most gloves. It's not a snug fit like a vapor XX and it's not a really loose fit like an Eagle X70, it's a pretty traditional fit as the name would imply. 8/10

Protection- No inserts but fairly thick foam. There is a small extension above the cuff but nothing as crazy as Gretz used to use. 8/10

Weight- They really weigh next to nothing, it's amazing. When you put them on it's a strange feeling because they feel so light. 9/10

Durability- Having only used them for a month or so, I can't really comment on this. There is some discoloration on the palm but no cuts in the material anywhere. INCOMPLETE

Intangibles- Goat palm means you don't need a grip stick. In fact a grip stick may cause some problems and reduce the durability. I believe they have thickened the palm for 2006. I love the old school look with the lace-up cuff as well. I removed the laces from mine to get a little more mobility but it's more mental than anything else. 9/10

Conclusion- Very sweet glove, especially since you can score them for $75-$90. The retro vibe doesn't work for everyone but it's perfect for beer league guys or anyone who wants to go retro with their gear. It's a very traditional looking glove but things like a coolmax lining and goat palm show that you aren't sacrificing modern comfort or advances just to rock the old school look. Total score 8.5/10