Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crussell1488

best off-ice workouts

Man, just do the weigths.

Body weights are good at first, but if you want fast. and better results, weights are the way to go.

Mock

Well for weight training I do Squats,1 leg Squats,Alot of different types of Lunges,Bench Press,Dumbbell Press on Swiss ball,Shoulder Press,1 Leg Row with dumbbells,chinups and dips, and I do a medicine ball workout like once a week with chest throws and stuff like that, and I do alot of core exercises on the Swiss balls.

I also do Sprints once a week during the season, and we have ice-off training for our hockey team which consists of Sprints ,Quickness and Agility Drills and Plyometrics,and push ups etc.

If you are extremely out of weight, maybe that 3 miles is needed. But if not you can run a significantly shorter distance while doing short full out bursts...And then briskly walking or a slow jog. and then repeat. That will help build long time endurance, which you need for long shifts or the end of games. As well as the training to build your ability to go all out at 20 or 40 sec shifts

that's it theo...