Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgazi76

In need of a new shaft.. which?

Guest Datsyuk*13
85 flex ultralite.

Why ? Are you just saying that because you have one?

Usually people wouldn't recommend a shaft unless thay have/had it.

Yah i know im just saying say why he should get it not just through out a name.

OK, having had issues with whether or not what I was using was indeed truly what I wanted -- a tapered, right-handed Novius -- I called Inno a couple times and was given the following information:

1. The paint jobs and nameplate on at least the Intermediate tapered Novius has been known to be wrong.

2. The ProStock '03 McCarty Novius doesn't have a boron spine, per Darren McCarty's preferences -- it's sort of an 1100. Moral: If you have a ProStock Inno, only Inno can tell you what you bought beneath the paint job.

3. Here's how you tell which "hand" or side the infamous boron spine is on, irrespective of the paint job:

---If you have a TAPERED Novius: Remove the endplug, grab a flashlight and look in the ENDPLUG end for a greyish-white "tag" or"label" manufactured into the wall on the inside of your shaft. It should be inches in from where you just removed the endplug. The wall of the shaft that bears that tag is the wall that has the boron spine. In order for your Novius to work as God intended, you should play the stick with that wall on your backhand side.

---If you have a REGULAR nontapered Novius: Grab a flashlight and on the BLADE end of your shaft, look for the greyish-white "tag" or"label" manufactured into the wall on the inside of your shaft. It should be inches deep into the shaft. The wall of the shaft that bears that tag is the wall that has the boron spine. In order for your Novius to work as God intended, you should play the stick with that wall on your backhand side.

I hope this clears up How To Tell You Bought What You Intended.

I checked mine and the numbers were on the forehand, so I switched it around. The graphics are backwards now, but that's no biggie if the stick performs well. I won't have a chance to try it out for a few weeks, though.

Now we get some good info. Thanks for posting that. I'm going to check and see which way I've been using mine.

I take it you did not read my posts in the other topic, as that is exactly what I said.

I don't mind, just that you should at least read the topic if you're trying to get info out of it.