Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgazi76

In need of a new shaft.. which?

I'll be mostly done with the "1100" debacle once I ship my second one back. I want to put that $50 towards something else. I still have the original one, but that'll end up being my backup stick. I'm not looking for a fancy tapered shaft right now, but I'm also not looking for something too cheap or cheesy. I'd like something fairly light/durable for around the $75-80 range. The one shaft that always catches my eye is the Red Lite. I searched the forums, but I didn't really find anything. When the Red Lite was mentioned, it was the XN10 model, which I really don't need right now. I was wondering what you guys thought about the regular Red Lite shaft. I'm also open to suggestions. I'm looking for something around a 85ish-95ish in flex. I'm a big guy, so I'll be adding roughly 4" worth of end plug and using long hoseled blades. I want just enough flex that I can feel it when I take a shot, but I don't want it to be so whippy that my shot suffers from me shooting through the stick.

Don't take this personally, but i thought u really liked your inno when you first got it and said it gave a lot more pop to your shots. I dont understand why the change of heart once you began having doubts about what the identity of the shaft really was. The bottom line is it works well in your hands. Its really hard to find any shaft much less a tapered one for that price and if it felt good, then i'd stick with it.

Things like that get into my head and mess with me. I can't help but think about it constantly. A Novius is made to be left or right-handed. I could flip it or whatever, but how do I know for sure what it is? I don't know. No one else seems to know, either. I can wrist shot with it, but I'm not totally feeling my slappers. This stick just doesn't make me feel comfortable, so I want to try something else. Maybe it's me thinking about it or whatever, but if it takes me getting something else to make me feel right, so be it.

i have a easton tflex green shaft for sale if your interested.

if your really thinking of a normal tenoned shaft, red lite's the way to go, eithe the r1, or redlite xn10 are both awsome shafts. light, durible.. but kinda expensive i guess. r1's smae price as last year's redlite.

Things like that get into my head and mess with me. I can't help but think about it constantly. A Novius is made to be left or right-handed. I could flip it or whatever, but how do I know for sure what it is? I don't know. No one else seems to know, either. I can wrist shot with it, but I'm not totally feeling my slappers. This stick just doesn't make me feel comfortable, so I want to try something else. Maybe it's me thinking about it or whatever, but if it takes me getting something else to make me feel right, so be it.

If you really want to know what shaft you bought, why not call Inno and read them the numbers inside the shaft? I've called them a bunch of times - I usually speak to a guy named Dave and he's always quite helpful. I called the # off their site (805-520-8400). Just a thought.

Guest phillyfan

TPS Tricore has served me well as a non-tapered standard shaft.

I found the Tri-Core, Ultra-lite and Grip-lite shafts to be terrific in durability and preformance. With your stick why don't you just put it in as if you were using a LH boron spine backwards? Rather than flipping it upside down. So the nameplate is facing you? I don't get why this is such a big deal. If it worry's you that much, black out the whole thing and write Boron Spine on the side you thinks it's on. Then you won't have to bother about the graphics.

The ultralite is always a good shaft to go with. I haven't tried the redlite but I've heard good things about it from the guys who have one

With your stick why don't you just put it in as if you were using a LH boron spine backwards? Rather than flipping it upside down. So the nameplate is facing you? I don't get why this is such a big deal. If it worry's you that much, black out the whole thing and write Boron Spine on the side you thinks it's on. Then you won't have to bother about the graphics.

I don't know for sure that it's a left-handed Novius. I e-mailed Inno a few days ago, but I haven't heard anything back.

As far as another shaft goes, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I like the UL, GL and RL. I just need to figure out what flex I'm going to go with. The GL doesn't give you too many options, though.

Nope, just 100s, 110s and the occasional 120. Also factor in the feeling that they're stiffer than advertised.

Guest hunter4

the z-bubble is a nice shatf if you don't want to spend a whole lot. i have a one peice, but i am thinking of making the switch back to either 2-peice or wood

They have z bubbles for like 80 bucks. Suprisingly , I got mine to last about a year, before it broke in the taper area. I'm not super tough on sticks though, and very rarly break anything but blades, but the shaft held up a year. That would be my suggestion.

I don't know for sure that it's a left-handed Novius. I e-mailed Inno a few days ago, but I haven't heard anything back.

If it's a LH novius the suggestion of putting the blade in with the nameplate facing the ice will solve your problem. If it's a 1100 It won't matter. Thus there will be no problem either way until you get a final answer. If it's a 1100 you can switch back so it doesn't look like it does, if it's a Lh Novius, keep using it this way.

So what if it might have a boron spine or not. If you cant tell if its a 1100 or novious why does it matter. Plus you also said that it gave you a better shot.

I like to know what I'm using. I also like to have something to go by the next time I get a shaft. This isn't possible when you don't know what you have to begin with. I have no information on this shaft. It's not like I'm getting rid of it. I'm going to use it as a second/backup stick.

Guest Datsyuk*13
85 flex ultralite.

Why ? Are you just saying that because you have one?

85 flex ultralite.

Why ? Are you just saying that because you have one?

Usually people wouldn't recommend a shaft unless thay have/had it.

I honestly don't see what the big problem is sgazi76, I bought the same shaft Inno1100 260 flex from The Hockey Shop, unfortunatly the sticker inside the shaft was ripped so I'm unable to confirm it is what it is. I can only go by feel. If it turns out to be a LH Novius and you shoot RH like I do, there shouldn't be a problem shooting on the same side as the boron spine, the only result will be a stiffer shaft ? Or am I mistaken.

I've never been given a total explanation of what the deal is with the boron. I'm done worrying about it. I'm just getting another shaft.

They have z bubbles for like 80 bucks. Suprisingly , I got mine to last about a year, before it broke in the taper area. I'm not super tough on sticks though, and very rarly break anything but blades, but the shaft held up a year. That would be my suggestion.

i'd have to agree z-bubbles have always been my standard shaft of choice, though i do prefer he z-bubble grip, either one is a great shaft...

I have an UL (100) and its been extremely durable. However, the M-2 is supposedly lighter and more durable, so I'm eventually going to try it in an 85. You should check out that shaft before buying an UL.