Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

Michigan Move etc

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and after looking through a number of posts, I can tell some of you are much better players than I am. I have been playing since '97, and although there are still many many things I could and need to improve on, I have ALWAYS been fascinated with what I have recently found out was called the "Michigan Move." (Reading stuff I found on the smarthockey cd's).

I can get the puck on my stick by pushing down against the edge of the puck, but after watching so many games and highlight videos, it looks to me like most players (really, all players) don't use this method. They seem to almost lay their stick blade flat against the top of the puck and kind of swoop it up.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this myself. Is it just me or maybe my blade? I use a standard Easton Shanahan blade...

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Keith

Obviously, but I don't want to practice the wrong thing! If someone could just describe to me what they do exactly to make it happen, I would appreciate it... and then practice, practice, practice!

Thanks,

Keith