Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

Tried the RBK gloves last nite.

Ok, picture this, I'm getting dressed for my league game last nite. Low and behold seems my gloves are still at home on the Dry Guy. No worry you say, just borrow a set from another goalie at the rink. Piece of cake.... only one little problem, I'm left handed! :-o

So I borrow a pair of RBKs from a guy and play my game with opposite gloves. Let me tell you, DO NOT do this. The gloves were nice, just didn't work well for me, seems my entire game was off from stance to moves to reflex to everything. Wierdest game I ever played in my life. Who would think something simple as that would make me play like a squirt goalie. Barely squeaked out a 5-5 tie. Two goals were definately glove related, and two were pure out of balance related because of the gloves. WOW, what an experience. What a pleasure it was to play with my "real" gloves this morning. Seemed I played the best I have in a long time. ;)

I actually catch with my right hand when I play goalie, yet in baseball, I catch with my left. I catch better with my right, I just cant throw with my left

actually I had to do something similar to this before and I'll tell you what worked great for me... ditching the stick. When I was forced to play opposite handed my balance was thrown way off. On one play early in the 1st I happened to lose my stick. I actually felt more confident playing without it. I played the rest of the game without it and we actually won 4-2. I had to work a lil harder to make sure to cover the 5 hole, but overall it made it much easier for me then when I played with the stick.