Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

Las Vegas Hockey?

I'm planning to move to Vegas next year and was just wondering what the ice hockey situation is there if anyone on the board lives in the area.

I *heard* there are two rinks, one in the sw and one out by Henderson. How are the leagues? How much do they cost?

dont know if this helps

saw the Las Vegas ice center on an episode of csi haha

looked pretty nice assuming the shot on location

That might have been the rink in Valencia Ca. IIRC the main studioe for the show is in Valencia

Hey analog999, I don't know if this helps any, but when I played at the Las Vegas Hockey Festival in Oct. 2005, the two rinks that my team played at were the Las Vegas Ice Center (about 6 miles from "The Strip") and the Fiesta Hotel Ice Arena (located inside the Fiesta Hotel). The L.V. Ice Center had 2 rinks inside the building. Checkout their websites. :huh:

dont know if this helps

saw the Las Vegas ice center on an episode of csi haha

looked pretty nice assuming the shot on location

That might have been the rink in Valencia Ca. IIRC the main studioe for the show is in Valencia

that was Valencia in that episode...

I live in Vegas but I play roller. I do however know that the Las Vegas Ice Center is a pretty nice facitility and they have a website at www.lasvegasice.com. Plus I have been told that they are the only place that sells equipment in Vegas, or at least have the biggest selection. Fiesta I have no idea about but I'm pretty sure they are both right off of major highways, actually I think its 215, just different directions. I'm not much help, I've only lived here a year and I don't play ice. Hope it helps a little

Thanks Downz, I have checked out the website for the las vegas ice center. I just was wondering if there were any other rinks in town. How many roller rinks are in the area?

Their bantam and midget teams that i've played the past year or two were solid. I actually have a player on our team who comes all the way to phoenix from LV to play on our team btw. :o

Their bantam and midget teams that i've played the past year or two were solid. I actually have a player on our team who comes all the way to phoenix from LV to play on our team btw. :o

how long is that drive? vegas to phoenix?

I think its about 300 miles, from Las Vegas to Phoenix so I'd say 5-6 hour drive...

I've played in vegas for NARCh's winternationals and some USA inline tourneys. We played at the Crystal Palace. Its a pretty junky rink. Although, the last time I was there they had just converted one of the roller rinks into an ice rink. It wasn't good for roller, but for Ice I don't know.

Analog I believe there are 2 rinks for roller. I believe there is still a Crystal Palace, I think it's a wooden floor, and I'm not sure if they have adult leagues. The league I play in is a sport court floor and it's website is www.lasvegasrollerhockey.com. Dan C. runs the league and is an awesome guy to deal with.

It says on their website they have adult leagues... They charge $10 for pickup games. $10 for pickup roller hockey seems expensive! Is this pretty typical for you guys who play roller? It's not like they have to keep the floor cold or anything. The place I place ice (www.sprinker.org) charges $9 for pickup.