Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

shaft problem

I've never seen the grey glue for sale. I recall reading that archery stores might carry something similar for use with arrows, but I don't know if that would work for hockey shafts or not. I don't think the grey glue is really necessary though. If the tape and regular glue works, why not stick with that?

If your shaft is so loose that adding one or two strips of tape to the blade doesn't help, I doubt the grey glue would help much. Try adding more clear glue all around. If you need more just pick some up at Wal-Mart's craft section.

i can get it in and its tight with one or 2 strips, but what im sayin is that I can never slide the glue with the blade into the shaft. the glue always stays out.

A lot of the glue will squeeze out, but there's still some in there. The blade would fit too loosely if there was enough room to hold a ton of glue.

ok, i use a synthesis as one of my many back-up sticks, and recenlty tightened the blade because it got loose from so much use on my pond over the winter. Along time ago when i only used 2 piece stick i took a blade and shaft to my proshop i visit daily/weekly to glue them 2gether, and when i got it back, i later noticed to shaft had bubbled up from excessive heat amount, form some kid workin there. Since then i myself put blades in and out (also plugs) using nothing other than a hairdryer! i give it about a minute on each side, not even, then pull and out it comes, get the glue hot on the blade about to be put in, and push it in and thats that. after then i never had any problems of my blade becomeing loose or heat damage to the shaft. So next time try a hairdry! i know it sounds funny but it works great.

i don't have a heat gun, so i end up heating up a hot plate on one of our stoves. i rotate the shaft so it's evenly warm as well as the blade when i'm going to put it in the shaft. the stove is usually set to a medium temperature. this appears to be working good and i would recommend it to anyone that doesn't own a heat gun or a blow dryer that doesn't get hot enough.

i don't have a heat gun, so i end up heating up a hot plate on one of our stoves. i rotate the shaft so it's evenly warm as well as the blade when i'm going to put it in the shaft. the stove is usually set to a medium temperature. this appears to be working good and i would recommend it to anyone that doesn't own a heat gun or a blow dryer that doesn't get hot enough.

I always use my stove too it takes 2-3 minutes tops.