Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Will wood floors make you wheels crack?

I ocasionally skate on wood floors. There arent really any hard hockey stops being done because its at a roller rink and everyone is just skating in circles. I got fast and make pretty hard turns. Will this cause my wheels to crack or chunk? Im just asking because i dont want to ruin my new hornets.

ive never skated with hornets on a wood floor so i wouldnt know. I have with labedas though.. im assuming that would split very slowly so you should be in good shape

They dont crack, they just take the urethane off of em..Dont do any hard stops and dont use em alot on wood and yo shold be ok..Wood ruined an entire set of my hornets in about 5 games (1 tourney)

I play hockey on wood floors at least 3 times a week and yeah if you skate hard, make tight turns and stop hard, then your hornets will crack. If you're just skating and stuff they should be fine. I've found that they crack, but still have a pretty good grip.

The set im using at the moment has lasted me a good 4 or 5 months skates 3-5 skates a week. obviously the grip isnt as good as when they were new, but they are still well usable.

yeah the grip will still be good even with cracks.. the problem with going to wood to sport court is the coating on the wood to give your wheels grip stays on your wheels and causes you to slide on sport court.. so if your skating and not stoping that much on the wood you should be fine

not to mention that the grip on roll on and wood floors will wear down wheels faster, unless you get wheels designed for those surfaces. I haven't had any problems on sport court, but roll-on and wood floors have been the culprits a few times in me tearing urethane off of the hub.

ive ruined a fair few sets of wheels on wood flooring, thankfully I moved the team to a center with sport court+ the wheels( labeda millenium grippers) have lasted me a lot longer than on the wood flooring