Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brew27

Smith Vs. Vortex Trapper

Does anyone know the differences? I like to handle the puck and I have a small hand if this helps. I would appreciate any positive comments on both gloves.

Well I have used both the Smith SC2000 and the Vortek VK5 Oracle trapper (both the NHL Legal 45" and the 48")

Both are great gloves. The Smith has a good break and a nice pocket and the whole back opens nicely for drying but also isn't too aerated for cooling during play. The Smith glove is less tapered toward the pocket and doesn't direct pucks as well. I used my Smith for 1/2 a season and now have Vorteks. The smith is light but I had some problems with the Tee of the trap closing inverted and allowing skip-overs.

The Vortek is amazing on your hand, it cups like an extension of your arm. Great balance and incredibly light -- for smaller hands the 45" would be perfect. The glove is just made for your hand and its got a great catching surface that directs pucks into the pocket and has a more durable nylon on the back hand.

I recommend both gloves highly, moreso the Vortek but you cannot go wrong!