Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hl1435

"Call for Price"

SRI, No flames, just good honest discussions.  :D

But what do you think the reasons are that some LHS's have nothing in their store?  Here's a couple.....

* manufacturers refuse to let them sell their stuff. (Caused by a poor distribution strategy or from undue influence from bigger clients).  So if your store is not stocking a particular line of equipment you want, complain to the manufacturer, ask them to sell equipment  to your LHS.  Believe me, the store owner want to sell it.

* Not enough cash flow. Customers have to spend money locally (not online) When a store owner can make money and knows it's coming in on a regular basis, they will take more risk and order more equipment.

jimmy,

I just hoped you understood where I was going with my points, which you did.

These stores that I spoke about earlier have been some of both Bauer's and CCM's firsts, so, I don't think it isn't that they won't sell to them.

I can understand these stores not wanting to carry Mission, TPS, smaller specialty brands like Eagle, but, to not carry Easton, Bauer, some CCM/RbK, just baffles me.

As far as not having enough cash flow, well, when you have nothing in store to sell, then the cash flow won't be there. Now they find theirselves in a bind and behind the 8-ball on whether they can/should bring stuff in and whether or not their shop will ever recover. It is in these smaller towns where many players have no choice but to order online.

my LHS has mission and Itech products mostly. the ocansional bauer glove or wood stick will come in. theres about 7-15 Graf skates at most, while in a corner there are CCM most low end tacks from '99 '00. theres the M-1 Grips(senior and about 2) and the junior M-1. theres Montreal wood sticks, and the CCM helmets(low to mid end). wont stock easton becuase they said they wanted to sell it to my LHS in large quantities. also CCM pants there. there is no shafts, but a few blades. the tape they sell is horible

its best for when u need some waxed laces, or some new hockey socks.

Behind the Mask has 3 locations: Peoria, Phoenix, and Chandler. I haven't been to the Peoria one. The phx ones seemed to have a bigger selection than the chandler one. you can check them out online too. www.behindthemask.com

i have been to the one in north phoenix. not bad but still lacking.