Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyIsLife

Hockey net

I want to do some off ice shooting so im going to buy a net. I will be shooting pucks and obviously a plastic net would not work.

Would any steel net work?

I was looking at a 1 inch diameter steel net or a 1.5 inch diameter steel net. Which one is better? cONSIDER THE 1 INCH IS ALOT CHEAPER.

I bought a pretty cheap steel one from target. got a moving blanket from the attic cut it up and padded all the post with that. the middle section of the blanket I cut out with some squares in the corners to make a cheap shooting tutor. free shooting tutor actually. so far so good the post are a little bit dented but otherwise fine.. also you pretty much HAVE to make a shooting tutor or lay a blanket on the back to weigh the net down because that was getting torn up quick.

well dont get plastic like you said you might. I had a platic net twice and as soon as pucks got involved those posts were more like puzzles.

I dont really know much about the different nets but as for the shooter tooters you should get a real one with like the goalie on it or something. Cause they are really sturdy and they are getting cheaper on ebay.

I bought a pretty cheap steel one from target.

Those thing are shit unless you use them for ball hockey. I went through 3 of them until I finally got a good one for christmas.