Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shute

Itech RBE VIII Ti cage

i think that they should include an extra chin cup. advertise the durability and rust-proof features of the cage. that would make it a really different product, something that could get more people interested.

i think that they should include an extra chin cup. advertise the durability and rust-proof features of the cage. that would make it a really different product, something that could get more people interested.

Agreed. They are trying to capitalize on the weight craze instead of marketing the durability of the cage.

I think I would be interested in the titanium cage if it came in the I2 colour scheme.

Yeah, I would like to see it in the I2 as well but it's still pretty cool that it came out.

i think that they should include an extra chin cup.  advertise the durability and rust-proof features of the cage.  that would make it a really different product, something that could get more people interested.

Agreed. They are trying to capitalize on the weight craze instead of marketing the durability of the cage.

That's because weight sells more than durability.

That's because weight sells more than durability.

I know but usually you have to sacrifice one for the other but in this case you don't and they should celebrate that a bit.

So I just wore mine for the first time. I set it up with a Mission Intake helmet.

The combo is lighter than my Itech HC100 helmet without the visor on.

I tried a Bauer tru-vision(name may be wrong) cage and could not wear it. I am a little closterphobic with stuff on my face and neck.

The cage, comes off your face a good distance and a nice shape to it. I loosened the side straps a bit so that the cup was not pressing on my chin. When my chin did come in contact with it I was not bothered with it. The vision is very good through it and i adjusted rather quickly. I think after a couple of games I will not even notice a difference.

A side note real quick, the strap for the chin cup looks good. They have put the Itech logo and Titanium into it and it looks very sharp.

If anyone wants to see a pic of the combo I will gladly upload some.

The price tag is a little steep but considering that it doesn't rust, it should out last a normal cage so it might not be a bad investment.

I'll wait for some reviews but I would consider getting one so I don't have to deal with cleaning rust off of my cage anymore.

haha, the other night my goalie said he had to switch masks because a friend ripped one at his head and all the rust just went in his eyes and mouth...

So I just wore mine for the first time. I set it up with a Mission Intake helmet.

The combo is lighter than my Itech HC100 helmet without the visor on.

I tried a Bauer tru-vision(name may be wrong) cage and could not wear it. I am a little closterphobic with stuff on my face and neck.

The cage, comes off your face a good distance and a nice shape to it. I loosened the side straps a bit so that the cup was not pressing on my chin. When my chin did come in contact with it I was not bothered with it. The vision is very good through it and i adjusted rather quickly. I think after a couple of games I will not even notice a difference.

A side note real quick, the strap for the chin cup looks good. They have put the Itech logo and Titanium into it and it looks very sharp.

If anyone wants to see a pic of the combo I will gladly upload some.

where are those pics... i really want to see this thing.. could you take one from the outside and inside? thank you! :D

Sorry it took a day for the pics. Wife had the camera and forgot to bring it home. There are 3 pics for you. I can take more if it is really needed. The vision is pretty good I have to admit. The weight is unreal, especially with this helmet. I barely new it was on. Since this was discussed in another thread, I have no Blue on my forehead after an hour of play.

helm001.jpg

helm002.jpg

helm003.jpg

The ear guards on the helmet are just huge though. I have moved the back end of the guards up higher into the helmet at an angle. They are almost exact to the guards on my HC100 now and I do not notice them. Now if I can just find my Goo Gone to get rid of those awful stickers.

Now if I can just find my Goo Gone to get rid of those awful stickers.

Don't use chemicals to remove the stickers.

i have never tried one of these new cages with new shapes and stuff before but i did have about 10 years ago and hated it alot! i was wondering what you mean when you say the vision is good? is the new shapes of cages these days make that much of a difference? are the wires on this cage thiner then others?

Are these wires thicker then standard steel, or does it just look that way on the pic?

Could you measure, please, or just eyeball it? I was thinking of getting one of these, but if the wire is thinker then that is a deal killer.

Thanks

Are these wires thicker then standard steel, or does it just look that way on the pic?

Could you measure, please, or just eyeball it? I was thinking of getting one of these, but if the wire is thinker then that is a deal killer.

Thanks

The wire is actually a little thinner. The spacing of them is very nice as well. The wires are placed well around the eyes for visibility and the water bottle. Titanium is stronger and lighter which is its big selling point. The wires are not that much thinner but the weight is a big difference and makes it much more dealable for me.

I never used the old cage so I can not compare it there.