Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RINK RAT 15

Rink Rat roller tryouts in Massachusettes 2 teams

Hey guys, sorry If this is in the wrong forum

RINK RAT ROLLER HOCKEY TRYOUTS

WEDNESDAY APRIL 5TH 6-8PM HOLBROOK INLINE SPORTS CENTER.

Rink Rat hockey is holding tryouts for our 2 travel roller hockey teams. The tryouts will be held at the Holbrook Inline Sports Center 616 South Street, Holbrook, MA on Wednesday April 5th 6-8pm

Try out fees will be 25.00 for 2 hours of court time. Tryouts will consist of a 30-minute skills session and 90 minute scrimmage, depending on the turnout we may add an additional date.

The two divisions that we will be playing in will be 10 and under and 12 and under. The age cutoff is January 1st so if your 10 years old and you turn 11 this year you can still play 10 and under.

What is Roller hockey? Roller hockey is played on a sport court with Inline skates. You use all the same equipment you would for ice with a few exceptions. Obviously the skates have wheels on them. Regular hockey equipment can be used for inline although as your kid's progress they will opt for a lighter shoulder pad.

The sport of roller hockey has been around for 15 years. The RHI (Roller Hockey International) had games televised on ESPN 2 in the early 90's

The game is played 4 on 4 with no icing and no offsides. The game is continuous non-stop with goaltenders seeing around 50 shots a game. It's a great game to help you train for your ice hockey seasons. Not to mention allot of fun!

Roller hockey also offers you the chance to travel and play against teams from all over the World...

Team Rink Rat will be going to two events this year...April 21-23 in Marple Pennsylvania to qualify for Nationals which are held in Toronto Canada July 15-18th

Rink Rat will be supplying the Roller hockey wheels for the players who make the teams!

The North American Championships will be held in Toronto at the Hershey Center, 500 teams from around the world will be playing in the event. I am planning on having the kids spend and afternoon at the Hockey Hall of Fame, Lunch at Gretzky's restaurant and possibly go see the Yankees and Blue Jays play...I figure we can all wear our Red Sox jerseys and just yell at Damon the whole game LOL

If you are interested in trying out please Contact Michael Hunt (coach of the 94-96 Thrashers) at 401-578-4231 or email me at mike_hunt@mearthane.com

Each team will have 2 goalies and 10 skaters maximum...this ensures the kids get plenty of (ice) time...

Please email me at mike_hunt@mearthane.com if interested

Its pretty cool that rink rats starting to sponsor teams. Are you guys going to have rink rat jerseys? I can see the yellow ones with that rat on the front as a pretty cool jersey. to bad theres no 16u team we could play.