Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bc80

Any1 put normal size bearings in Tour skates?

I have Code 1s. If i dont get new wheels soon mine are going to completley fall apart (those who know about the genesis cracking hubs know what i mean). Besides the hubs cracking, the actual rubber wheel has held up great. I have been told that by now the wheels have been fixed and no longer crack, but i dont know about that and for almost $10 a piece i dont want to risk it.

Has anyone put in normal sized bearings on any of their Tour skates that came with minis?????? I know the main part of the Code 1s is thelight weight but i think i can live with the extra little weight normal size bearings have over minis haha.

I used to always use SWISS bearings b4 i got the Code 1s and loved them. Just thinking about putting them back in since there r SO MANY MORE wheel options for normal sized bearings over the minis.

For those of you who swaped the bearings...how do you like it??? any difference???? any different feel or speed changes??? anything???

thanx

You can't seriously be that worried about the weight difference between bearing can you? Even though mini bearings are a little smaller, all that means is that the hub of the wheel has to be bigger in order to fit the small bearings. So what you save in weight on the size of one, you almost add back with the extra material on the hub.

There might be a tiny tiny difference, but you'd be talking about grams here....go use your 608 bearings and regular wheels....there are far more options, and to be honest, you'll also find superior quality bearings simply because there is a lot more R&D put into standard bearings.

Just be aware of the fact you'll likely need a new set of spacers to accomodate standard size 608 bearings. I think the Hum'mer frames on the Code 1's have 8mm axle bolts so you'll need floating style spacers that are slightly smaller than the long tube ones user with mini bearings... Your wheels won't turn properly without a spacer!

You can find the right spacers @ www.inlinewarehouse.com

im not worried about the weight at all thats why i wrote "haha" after i said that. The skates came with abec 7 or 9 bearings and spacers, but id rather use my SWISS bearings over them. I just took a old wheel of my old skates with the swiss bearings, put the spacer in that came with the extra set of bearings i got with the code 1s and put them on my code 1s. It deff didnt spin as much as the mini but then again i havent used these bearings in about 5 months they prob need to be cleaned and lubed up. Also i noticed that i had a tougher time getting the bolt through the bearing, it felt like a tighter fit but it still fit fine once i got it through.

i think im gunna try a new set of normal sized bearing wheels for a little and see how it compaires to the minis speed wise.

BC80,

Give me a call and we will replace your cracked core wheels at no charge.

There is a significant weight advantage on using mini-bearing wheels to the standard.

Thanks,

Rob

(800)524-5892

(951)674-1665

BC80,

Give me a call and we will replace your cracked core wheels at no charge.

There is a significant weight advantage on using mini-bearing wheels to the standard.

Thanks,

Rob

(800)524-5892

(951)674-1665

I'd love to know what you mean by, and how you define significant?

I would be surprised, that if you took a set of wheels wit mini-bearings and a set of wheels with standard bearings, if you got more than a few grams difference.

I could be wrong...i've never done the experiment. But for me, i'd rather have the superior wheels with superior bearings (size not a factor) then be worried about a few grams on my feet... Right now, i think that combo involves either Rink Rat or Revision wheels with BSB Swiss or MOCC 9 bearings (standard 608, of course).

If you have Genesis wheels with cracked cores, contact Labeda or Tour directly and they will be replaced. When you bought your Code-1 skates there should of been a free set of standard 8mm Abec-9 bearings and new spacers for the 8mm bearings included in the box. This is actually noted on the outside of the box. We include the extra set of 8mm bearings because Mini bearings require a bit more maintance, which some players don't want to put up with. Any type of dirt or dust inside Mini's can cause problems. Players that love Mini's take the time to clean them, (soak in solvent to remove grime or dirt). It's your preference, but both Mini's and 8mm fit on your Code-1 skates (same axle for both). Just need to be sure you use the correct spacer.

I posted a topic awhile back kinda touching on this topic here. I had Code1s. The chassis got dented to all hell mysteriously ( I still blame construction because I did not take a hard shot that would cause me to think the chassis should have been bent). I called Tour and they could do nothing for me. Labeda the same. At the time the excuse was that there were no loose Hummrs available, only ones that were coming on Code1s direct from assembly. Ok, fine. So I bought the old Hummr chassis and put those on the Code1s. I noticed a problem almost immediately with wheel spin and mini bearings. I took the minis out, put in regular sized bearings and wheels and noticed better wheel spin, but now the wheels felt loose in their place with some wobble to them. At that point I gave up, took the chassis off and put on some MG Red Stars. Enough said.

I noticed a problem almost immediately with wheel spin and mini bearings. I took the minis out, put in regular sized bearings and wheels and noticed better wheel spin, but now the wheels felt loose in their place with some wobble to them. At that point I gave up, took the chassis off and put on some MG Red Stars. Enough said.

Did you change the axle/spacer set up? Sounds like you might have even run the set ups without any spacers at all...which could also explain why the chassis's got bent. The spacer/axle/bearing assemblies effectively become cross braces as well as carrying the wheels.

We ran the original Hummer chassis on two different skates for two seasons, with regular 608 bearings and RR wheels, floating .400" spacers, and had no problems...other than some wheel hub problems(which RR corrected right away) that had nothing to do with the chassis set ups. They were used in XIHL, PIHA, Tour's pro and Narch Men's platinum competitions..so if a chassis was going to get bent...

I noticed a problem almost immediately with wheel spin and mini bearings. I took the minis out, put in regular sized bearings and wheels and noticed better wheel spin, but now the wheels felt loose in their place with some wobble to them. At that point I gave up, took the chassis off and put on some MG Red Stars. Enough said.

Did you change the axle/spacer set up? Sounds like you might have even run the set ups without any spacers at all...which could also explain why the chassis's got bent. The spacer/axle/bearing assemblies effectively become cross braces as well as carrying the wheels.

We ran the original Hummer chassis on two different skates for two seasons, with regular 608 bearings and RR wheels, floating .400" spacers, and had no problems...other than some wheel hub problems(which RR corrected right away) that had nothing to do with the chassis set ups. They were used in XIHL, PIHA, Tour's pro and Narch Men's platinum competitions..so if a chassis was going to get bent...

The chassis being dented was a construction issue. No doubt in my mind. I did not touch the skates when they came outta the box, so they had the proper wheel/bearing/axle/spacer setup at the time of breakage.

When I put the Hummr chassis on, I used the same spacers that came with the Code 1s (the mini ones) and they would not spin properly. I took out the mini wheels and put a set of regular Dynasties with the bearings/spacers that came as the backup with the Code 1s (abec 9 standard and their spacers) and noticed the wobble.

I've been doing the roller hockey thing since I was 10 and I'm now 27. I know how things work and are supposed to work. I would never put a wheel in without spacers. The chassis I got was not built strong enough. When I took my chassis to the LHS to put the old Hummr on, the guy could not beleive how dented the thing was. It looked like I blocked an Al MacInnis splapshot. But in the game when it happened I don't even recall blocking any shots.