Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reaper07

Lacrosse Elbows?

ive had mobility problems in my elbow pads and was watching a college lax game on cstv

and noticed that those pads are super mobile

so i looked up some of the pads on online and the contruction is different and looks like it would be more protective and more mobile

anyone notice this too?

or use lax pads for hockey??/

i was eyeing these specifically

http://www.lacrossemonkey.com/warrior-lagmlleg6-0d.html

I am a long way from being an expert, but I do know a little about Lacross. Primarily, lacross is played on grass, occasionally artificial turf. Both of these surfaces, especially grass, give alot more than anything we play hockey on. You will not get the same impact protection for your elbows when they hit the deck if you wear Lax pads. Lax pads are designed to protect the arms from stick slashes versus falling on the elbow bones. Those guys do not fall very often and especially not often on their elbows.

Just my .02.

i know a bunch of people who wear lax elbow pads. like g man said, we play on a sportcourt floor or a harder floor than what lax is played on. I know people who have been wearing lax pads for years. If they do fall im sure they just eat up the pain and keep playing.. im sure it gives you a little more flexability but not the same amount of protection

I play lacrosse just as much as I play hockey. Those armguards arn't very good. If you want a good arm protection at a decent price, I would suggest the Warrior MPG Elbow Guard 5.0 found here; http://www.lacrossedigest.com/lacrosse/cat...tion&linkid=685 free shipping over $50

I wear these because they are so comfortable and didn't need to be broken in to feel great. The mobility is obviously very high and I don't see any problem using them for hockey. These are one of the top rated arm pads in lacrosse right now.