Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racer8

Graf G-35

Has anyone actually skated in a pair of the new Graf G-35s? Does the carboframe perform or feel different from the 735s? Any additional comments on the break-in time, durability, weight (835g in size 8, FGI, called Graf but want to know the word on the street) liner quality, etc. would be appreciated. Also, I have T-blades, love 'em, want 'em, and I know the skate looks, well, um, yeah, but disregarding looks I'm interested in the quality and performance. Anyone who has skated on the G-Series?

Got the G35's, but there my first grafs, so i cant compare them to 735's for you. But the break-in time is short to no time at all (i got mine really fit and molded to my feet though), i haven't had em long enough to tell there durability but i dont have one noticable scratch yet, weight is just average, but im not very picky there, liner quality (coming from easton) is unbelievable.

What Eastons did you have? What makes the liner in the G-35 so great? I'm seriously considering a pair and would have to buy them sight unseen. I know I like the 735s. Easton generally tends to fit a wider foot with a narrow heel and has a similar cant like that of the Eastons. What made you choose the G-35s over any other skates you considered and what other skates did you consider? Myself, I have the choice narrowed down to the Easton Fusion comps, Vapor XX, and the G-35s with the G-35s clearly in the lead.

Yes, the Easton Fusion comps are this years version of the SE comps, or the latest in the evolution of the Z-Air line. They have a slightly different, thinner tonuge like the Vector Pros, a microfiber liner with a traditional tendon guard, new outer sole, and quarter wrap. Also, they have a new version of the Easton holder with perf steel. Nice skates, its just that I want something like my Pureflys, and the Grafs have a lower cut boot which I like. Both the Eastons and the Grafs have great ankle padding and are very comfortable which I am willing to put before sheer weight reduction. If you want to check out the Easton Fusion comps, I know that epuck and greatskate have them.

What Eastons did you have? What makes the liner in the G-35 so great? I'm seriously considering a pair and would have to buy them sight unseen. I know I like the 735s. Easton generally tends to fit a wider foot with a narrow heel and has a similar cant like that of the Eastons. What made you choose the G-35s over any other skates you considered and what other skates did you consider? Myself, I have the choice narrowed down to the Easton Fusion comps, Vapor XX, and the G-35s with the G-35s clearly in the lead.

I had 2002 Airs, and the thing i liked about the liner is just how soft it was, without socks it felt like the felt on the tougue. I was also thinking about XX's, but i had had enough with eastons. I chose grafs because i heard the vapors kinda fell apart.

its just that I want something like my Pureflys

Did you check out the S500s? Any reason why you wouldn't stick with Misson's?

Reasons I wouldn't stick with Mission? Well, all of the Mission products I have ever owned have been mercifully relieved of a life of suffering, unlike my credit card. My Flyweight shaft shook hands with the Reaper after 3 months, I destroyed the palms in my M-2 gloves in record time (although I had suspicions that that would happen), and my Pure Flies went soft of the boards after about 8 months. I think Mission has gone to great lengths to correct the problems of the Pure Fly, and build a quality boot, but frankly I want to try something new. I should say, however, that I've always been a great fan of Mission performance just not durability. Also, having a skate with T-Blades mounted on them is nice, and Graf is (used to be) legendary for their quality skates, plus I'm a little intrigued at the innovations of the G-series.