Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KMang

Mission 9500 - too stiff?

I went from Mission Proto Vsi's to the new Mission 9500's. Although my Vsi's are caving in, I've been having alot of trouble with the new Missions. Im thinking about lacing up my old skates again. I've probably skated in them in about 10 games or so, probably not enough to break them in fully, but im worried that these skates will never feel the way i want them. Cant manuever like I used to and I feel stiff on the rink.

Anyone with these skates: Will these ever become flexible skates? Should I sell them for a different brand?

DAMN I miss the Proto Vsi's....

Mine are stiff, but I like tight stiff skates...its more pp than anything...I;ve had this new pair (my 2nd) since early january. I play 3 times a week, ive played tournaments, etc. They realy havent lost the stiffness...I love em though.

I love my 9500's. They are stiff, but I guess I like them that way. You could try baking them, but I think mine broke in by the ten game mark.

About skipping the top eyelet, I've been doing that on my he950's for the past few months, and I've been told that I'm "ankle burning" because sometimes when I'm doing tough maneuvering, I get so low that I'm hitting my chassis on the court. Sometimes the day after I get an odd creaking discomfort on the outside of my ankles. Anyone ever heard of this, or am I full of sh**?

But yeah, after a couple months of that, I laced them up fully and they're less stiff and more manageable than before.

My HE950's werent stiff at all...they were made for comfort and lightweight...not durablility. My HE 9500's are a polar opposite, and I love them for it. With the HE950's I neede to lace em all teh way up...with the 9500's I dont, and I feel comfotable not doing it all the time.....some days I do some days I dont....it just depends on how I feel that day.

thanks for the replies. I have currently gone back to my Proto Vsi's since I just started a league. After one skate, I felt like my old self again. I guess ill break my new skates in later, and I will try loosening the top eyelet.. thanks

I wore mine tonight, didn't have any issues with blisters or stiffness. Infact, the toe area was compressing alot and it worried me because they weren't overly stiff across the laces. Anyone else have this issue?

a little bit of the same issue, but nothing detrimental to the feel or performance of the skate. I am one of the odd issues, where I never got a blister with my 10Ks or 5500s in any of the usual spot, but blistered up the bottoms of my feet