Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slapshot9123

Pf6 vs pf8 vs 6k

Ok I am doing this for a friend, is the vector pf8 worth the 40$ more than the pf6?

Also is the 6k worth the 30$ more than the pf8? Also, what are the differences between the 3?

Any Input is appreciated

Thanks

honestly, for the price range look at either the Mission 5500 or 7500.Either is better than the three options you've presented so far.

honestly, for the price range look at either the Mission 5500 or 7500.Either is better than the three options you've presented so far.

Exactly....lol...Mission is the best....

there have been many posts like this so far this year. and they've always ended up buying missions.. trends anyone?!?! both the 55s and the 75s are amazing skates, cant go wrong

Exactly....lol...Mission is the best....

You know, it's funny that way. I didn't think I could wear Missions, but gave them a try and they really are a cut above EVERYTHING out there. CCM/RBK had my business until their customer service decided they didn't want to handle a warranty issue the way companies like Mission do, and Tour does make a great product but the Hummer chassis made me feel cumbersome and oafish. I now own a pair of the 5500s and the 10K's, and couldn't be happier.

The RBK skates tend to run wider than CCM D width, which is close to Mission D width this year, so EE might be the way to go. My 5500s REALLY loosened up when baked, so D width might work as well, it all depends on how wide your friends feet really are. If they are just enough to fit in E, then D width could be good, but if they fill the RBK widthwise then EE. The RBK/CCM skates also tend to run a half size bigger than most, so 9.5 Mission would generally feel right compared to 9 RBK. Again, these are general guidelines and should not replace being fitted properly.

BTW Justin, I NEVER EVER thought I'd find a boot that feels as good as the old Tour TR8000 boot did, but the 10K does with more stiffness.

OK well if anyone here wears a ccm/rbk ice can you tell me your size along with the mission size you wear and your shoe size.

I was in size 8.5 CCM PF10's, which are based off of the Vector ice boots, and now wear a 9 Mission in the Heliums and have tried on the S series ice in the same size and fit, both CCM and Mission in D width.

OK well if anyone here wears a ccm/rbk ice can you tell me your size along with the mission size you wear and your shoe size.

I was in size 8.5 CCM PF10's, which are based off of the Vector ice boots, and now wear a 9 Mission in the Heliums and have tried on the S series ice in the same size and fit, both CCM and Mission in D width.

Thank You so much for your help.

what happened to your PF10's if you don't mine me asking?

had an odd issue, the toebox was too big for the rest of the skate, adding a half size or so. CCM was giving a real hard time about it, stating they don't warranty fit even though it was just a fluke factory error, but Epuck made sure I was happy with my purchase through them and got me into 10Ks. I can't speak highly enough about Damon over at Epuck for making it right for me, and I will probably never stray from Mission just from the various acts of outstanding customer service I've seen happen.