Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dddatsyuk--48

2004 synergys

The manufactoring process is different in the '04 verses the '03 line. The therma-tec process is supposed to add 20% more durability to the shafts and 15% more to the blades in the sticks. The essential design is the same, but more emphasis was placed on consistancy and durability in '04. The '03 used 11 wraps of carbon fiber around the shaft and the '04 has 20. Weight and balance are essentially the same. (No, I don't work for Easton, but I do work in a shop and talk to the rep often.)

The grip is a sort of compromise between the '02 and '03. The '02 is more subtle and the '03 is more aggressive. I have an '04 grip SiCore. The grip is more tenatious than Bauer or Innovative, but less than Louisville or the new CCM 120. I haven't found any problems with peeling with the grip either. All in all, even though the '04 line hasn't established itself as a proven product yet, the Easton '04 is a better product than the '03. Dealing and playing with the sticks gives me the confidence that a good stick should inspire.

I think they actually succeeded. My kids new 2004 synthesis shaft has already outlasted last year's sticks lifes by 3X, and it is still going strong. It is a skootch heavier, but that is probably what makes it last longer, so it is ok with us.