Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xunkn0vvnx

Broken Bauer Vapor XX OPS, Shaft Transformation

Has anyone out there broken their Bauer Vapor XX OPS and successfully turned it into a shaft ?? I heard you can just cut around the fuse point and heat up the shaft and pull the blade right out ?? My question is how many people have done this ?? and if a tapered blade will fit snugly into the shaft with no problems after doing this ??

ive done this, but u dont even have to cut around the fuse point. all u have to do is heat it up with a heat gun, put it in a vice and pull and itll come out pretty easy. a sr tapered blade should fit perfectly (i would try a vapor XV blade tho)

I've done it on 2 XX's. Both times I made slight cuts on the shaft just to outline the area. It wasn't really needed on the second one (retail). It does take a while to be able to remove the blade. I ended up twisting the blade on the second and cut too far into the blade on the first so be careful. I'd just heat it up really well and keep trying it should come out, but I was definately able to get a blade into both shafts.

Graf/Busch Laser and Goldline

Sande Infinity

Montreal Nitro was believed to be a true one piece for a while as well, but then someone figured out that they just fused it using a different process which hides the fuse point extremely well and makes it look like a true one piece.

I have a Vapor that I made into a tapered shaft and unfortunately for me I couldn't just heat it up and pull it out. What I did was cut the blade off at the fuse point and chiseled down inside the shaft and knocked the remainder of the blade loose, then I took a rod and shoved it out. I'm using an R-2 wood blade in there and it just doesn't feel like it has the same kick.

When you take out the original XX blade and put an XV (or whatever else) blade in, would't the stick then be so much shorter? Wouldn't you have to put a plug in?

Depends on the blade you choose to put in, mine was a little shorter, maybe an Inch. The blades that are fused in are generally short hosel blades as well so there isn't a huge different if your able to cut right where the orginal blade was fused in.