Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TML4LIFE

Skate Sharpening

I am going to ask some really stupid questions and Im sure its been answered a hundred times on this board already so please do not crusify me... but I would like to prove someone wrong .. lol

When sharpening skates.. true or false.. you should not go heel to toe on every pass to avoid creating the "banana blade" ..

Another question .. the final pass or couple passes (heel to toe) will blend the heel and toe to avoid having the blade dipped in the center (his words not mine)

If someone could answer these questions and if you could elaborate a little more on the answers that would greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

when you sharpen skates you go heel to toe i was told by my manager and i have not yet seen a person go heel to toe to be honest and someone told me that toe to heel becuase its like your skating stride but wat if you are going backwards i jsut realised.

Heel to toe, toe to heel, don't matter at all. The only thing that makes a blade banana shaped is poor technique, e.g., more pressure on the heel than on the rest of the blade will wear heel down quicker.