Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RichardsFan18

Sher-Wood RM7 Momentum

I've shot around with one. I only use a Coffey pattern so I'm always interested in trying new Sherwood Sticks.

Its nice and has good balance and a solid kick but I thought it was a little on the heavy side and the shaft was not round enough for me... But these are personal preferences... Its definitely worth trying especially if you like Sherwood's wooden sticks.

Foolboy...what kinda sticks do you normally use? Im just wondering so as i can compare the roundness of the shaft. Im interested in the momentum but i like round sticks. Is it similar to the momentum aircore sticks from a year or 2 back?

Cheers.

Foolboy...what kinda sticks do you normally use? Im just wondering so as i can compare the roundness of the shaft. Im interested in the momentum but i like round sticks. Is it similar to the momentum aircore sticks from a year or 2 back?

Cheers.

Yea, it definitely has a similar radius to Sherwoods other aircores like the "Intense".

I use mostly Easton Cyclones shafts. I've tried several OPS but can't find anything in the shape I want with anthing close enough to a Coffey curve.

If you like "round" shafts, you'd love the Cyclone. Also most CCM sticks and shafts now come in both "T" (for traditional i.e. boxy) and "C" shapes. The C shape is what we like. Many people also tell me some TPS models come in round shapes... I think they mentioned the "Redlite", I've been meaning to get my hands on one because like the Cyclone its also incredibly light and ideal for roller hockey.

I hope this was helpful!

Thanks foolboy, that does help! i love the shape of the other sherwoods! i might have to try to find a momentum RM7 (not that easy in UK!)

A team mate of mine has a cyclone and loves it, i gave it a little try and it is indeed a nice feeling shaft. Also another teammate just bought a TPS XN10 R2 shaft which is the same sort of shape as the cyclone but is even lighter!!

I'll have to see what i can find in LHS's here in the UK!!