Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jino86

RBK 5K OPS

I have had my 5K for about 4-5 months now, and it hasn't broken yet. I get hacked to death, and it shows on my stick but it's still going. To be honest, it may just be because I want it to break. I bought it locally out of necessity, and it's has a low flew number, so it is way too bendy for my liking. I've got some new twigs that I want to use, but am trying to do in this 5k first. It just wont die.

BTW, my only prob with the 5k is the flex on this particular stick. I've got some new 5k's, that are the right stiffness for me, and I think they're great. Plus they have real grip, not that snake-grip...not terribly fond of that either.

I have had my 5K for about 4-5 months now, and it hasn't broken yet. I get hacked to death, and it shows on my stick but it's still going. To be honest, it may just be because I want it to break. I bought it locally out of necessity, and it's has a low flew number, so it is way too bendy for my liking. I've got some new twigs that I want to use, but am trying to do in this 5k first. It just wont die.

BTW, my only prob with the 5k is the flex on this particular stick. I've got some new 5k's, that are the right stiffness for me, and I think they're great. Plus they have real grip, not that snake-grip...not terribly fond of that either.

How's the blade?

The blade is fine. The 5K that I don't like is a Modano curve, which I used to use all the time. Then I had a couple Rathje pro return sticks, which were Lidstrom-like, except a little more hook and a little more wedge. I got real used to that blade, real fast, and I loved it. Unfortunately, of the two I had, one got stolen, and the other one broke after a month or so of solid use....back to the 5k blade... the point of my tangent was to point out that I need some time to get readjusted to this Modano blade.

My new 5K, is a Sedin blade, which is a lot like the Modano, surprisingly.

Not sure what other info you're looking for, as far as how the blade is. Both 5K's i have don't give me any trouble with the blade...no jumping pucks or lack of feel...

hope that helps