Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

martywest

CCM 652 helmet question

I'm curious, according to what I've read here and other online sources, the 652 is or was one of the most popular helmet in the NHL. Yet the 652 is not their top of the line helmet that they sell. what's up with that. I would have assumed that pro's would use a 852 or 1052. Any answers?

seems to me like a lot of guys just prefer the feel of the foam over harder EPP. i like the bauer 4000 helmets more than the bauer 5000 or up...

i'm guessing its the same reason pros get the mission intake with foam, or the bauer 8000, etc...

I have tried on the 652 and 852 and surprisingly they have a significantly different fit....the 852 did not fit me well at all, I much preferred the 652... I guess based on the shape/contours of my head....ended up with the bauer 5000...which I like quite a bit

i dunno, is it me, or is the foam on retail versions of the 652/HT2 a lot thicker than what you see for the pros. The helmet looks so big on my head and doesnt fit me properly.