Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elmo_13

Graphite Sticks.

I used to be a goalie. And the topic of Graphite goalie sticks always would come up, and i was wondering what you guys think of them? Personally i hate them, they give off horible rebounds all though i found they did last longer then wood and they were lighter.

How many are out there? I know TPS has one, Maltese has one and I thought I saw a Sher-Wood model over the weekend.

k, are u guys talking bout composite goalie sticks? TPS have tried making one of these, and it was supose to have been a disaster. Rebound control was the major let down. more time has gone into the concept of manufactureing these sticks though, by making them out of softer matierial, it may lessen rebounds, but that would prob weaken stick. Most of the modern goalie sticks, and the ones which i like and use are reinforced with graphite or fibreglass. id rather use these as with composite goalie sticks, there would more than likely be a horrible vibration like in player composite sticks, which with hard shots could hurt a bit. Any what price would compisite goalie sticks be about??

TPS redesigned their composite goal stick for this year, I think retail price is around $179.

Well I think the fat paddle and the blade was one piece, and the handle was another. Maybe the paddle/blade was wood and the handle was composite? Maybe I'm just imagining things? I could swear I saw it though.

I had Busch give me a solid one pc goalie stick similar to the Balance which I gave to a goalie friend of mine 4 years ago. It is still in pristine condition. In '99 the cost of this stick was something like $320.

nothing out there now compares at all

I have the Maltese and have had it since 2000, it is an awesome stick, very durable, I don't the vibration issues like others have stated. it is a little blade heavy but that is ok, it helps me keep the stick on the ice. the Sher-wood Composite is garbage, it seems like they were thrown together in a hurry. the Orginal Xhale to me was shaft heavy the genisis I never saw, the Xhale 2's seem to be ok but I still prefer the Maltese of them all