Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tryandstopme

Ice to Inline Conversion With Old Chassis

I've got an old U.S. Hockey Research chassis that I'd like to mount to a nice high quality boot. I still like the old 1.5mm front and back rocker setup is why I'm using this chassis (and because it's paid for). The rear mounting plate on the chassis has a pretty large footprint. I held it up to my old CCM VacuTac 652 ice boot and the plate would overlap the heel area in that skate by quite a bit. I was at the LHS the other day and just eyeballing boots like the CCM Vector Pro, 952 and Bauer XX's it seemed like they wouldn't have a wide enough heel area to accomodate the rear mounting plate either. Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality ice boot that might work? Do roller specific boots have a wider heel area in general, and would I have better luck with say a Mission 5500 and doing a chassis swap? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

I can see how you want to save money, but it may be time to move on. A Red Star E-Frame is your best bet at the moment, so go for that. It fits on all boots, so no need to worry about a huge footprint. However, if you must, try to find some Bauer 20-90 or 50-90 ice boots on hockeygiant. I think they have a wider heel area.

word, i wound up picking up a pair of 2005 beemers that they have on closeout on epuck.com. great skates and after a few practice spins i'm picking up on the non-rockered setup. couple of more sessions and i think i'll be ready to switch to them full time. i guess this is the end of the rockered era for me.