Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattopiela

Nike Ignite 1 vs Vapor 10 skates

Hey I was just wondering if the Nike Ignite 1 skates from while back are essentially the same thing as the Vapor 10 skates ? They came out at the same time and its when Nike took over Bauer ?

Also do the Ignites fit much wider then regular Bauer skates, you know like Flexlites compared to the Vapor xx or xxx.

I used to have Nike Ignite 1's. The D widths weren't wide in the mid and forefoot like the V12's or Flexlites. I had to go with a a EE width because I have a fairly wide forefoot. I took a 9EE in those and they fit well..although I might have been able to squeeze into a smaller skate legth wise. I've tried on the old Vapor 10's and fit into an 8EE in those so either I was wearing the wrong size Nikes or the sizing is different. I've read here than the Vapor XX and Vapor XXX fits similar to the old Vapor 10's which would make sense to me as I've also tried on Vapor XX's and 8EE seemed to be the right size in those.

So in summary - I don't think Ignite 1's are exactly like the Vapor 10's, however; they both seemed fairly narrow in D width, but were available in EE. I did like the Ignite skates when I had them as they fit well and performed well...after about 2 years I retired them though as I started to get bad lace bit problems...I suppose I could've just had the tongues replaced, but I just bought new skates instead. The boots, holders and steel were all still in great shape - ended up trading them in at PIAS for something else I needed at the time.

i dont know much about the ingnite 1's but i know of the ignite line in roller

from what i know and have heard, the vapor 10 is an unbelievable skate. it is held in just as high of standards as the wicked light is held in roller. so since i havent had any good experiences with the ignite line i would say that the vapor is better

but then again i may be wrong...who knows

i have a pair of ignite 1's . they do feel a little wider then most of the bauer skates. they fel more like the supreme line of bauer skates versus the vapor line.overall i liked them