Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

slight concussion?

Ok so last night I got my bell rung in my beer league.. I took an elbow to the jaw/neck from a guy that was about 100 pounds heavier than me. He was going for my face but I tried to look away at the last second.. needless to say I got laid out. I was a little dizzy and lightheaded as I went back to the bench but managed to play the rest of the game. first shift afterwards I felt some more lightheadedness but it went away and I just had a headache the rest of the night. this morning I seemed ok, neck a little sore but I just took some advil for that. anyways, Im sitting here at work and I'm getting some bouts of lightheadedness still.. my coworker said it might be a slight concussion and if it keeps up for a couple more days, maybe see the doctor. I don't think I'm quite nautious yet if that helps, but I can see that coming with the lightheaded.

nausia = concussion.

I would have had it checked out last night after the game.. if it was a heavy concussion, you could have died in your sleep.

you could very well be suffering from a minor concusion. You got hit in one of the best ways to cause a dinger, in the jaw or side of the face causing a sideways snap to the melon.

There are different level of concusions. Lightheadedness, nausea, forgetfullness, loss of balance, etc, etc are just a few symptoms. Have a doctor check you out to make sure you are okay.

Major concussions can take along time to recover from (think Scott Stevens) sometimes mild one can linger for awhile. If you are still having problems definitely take some time off because a second concussion is easier to get and usually is worse than the first.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably go get looked at in a few days if this lightheadedness persists. I don't think there is much the doctor can do but tell me to take it easy, and since most of us rec leaguers have this weekend off, I have 2 weeks to rest up.

i got one in highschool from a elbow to the side of the head it was a minor concussion and fractured jaw. with the concussion my eyes got blurry and droppy looking and a little dizzyness and didnt remember to many things right away.

Having had 3 concussions, I'd say you definately sustained one. Probably should have stayed off the ice if you were feeling light headed. The sore neck is another identifier, added with the headaches and nausea, well, take it REAL easy for a week or so. Or atleast until you are "symptom-free" and feel normal again regarding concentration, energy, no headaches. You get the idea.

You probably already know this, but with each concussion you become more susceptible to subsequent concussions. BE CAREFUL!

If I'm coming off a bit strong, it's because I had a year and a half of post-concussion syndrome after one of my concussions and it completely put my life on hold! Not to mention my game. Not to put the scare on, but there you go.

i remeber getting hit so hard i saw a quick flash of colors and when i looked up at the lights there was a "halo" around them. Never did go to the doctor so idont know if it was a concussion or not.

Feeling really tired, nausea, losing balance, temporary forgetfulness, and such are symptoms of a concussion. I haven't ever gotten a full-blown concussion, I've only had 1 mild one. And that was playing football at school, and I got elbowed right in the temple. They asked if I knew where I was and I said, "Yeah, I just got elbowed in the face..." The guy who was standing in front of me said, "I guess you're okay then" and right after that I threw up on him...

But nausea does not necessarily equal a concussion. Any one of those symptons could be a sign of a concussion if you experience them after getting hit in the head.