Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael9

Chelios re-signs

I initially didn´t mean those "personal" moments. I was just referring to something a friend of mine who happens to be a huge autograph collector based in Chicago told me. He knows all the "rules" and told me that after games or practice sessions even when there were just him and a handful of kids waiting at the exit Chelios wouldn´t sign for or talk to anyone. He was the only Hawk to do so back then I was told. Players who feared their graphs could be sold or auctioned usually stuck to "one per person" like Brett Hull or "personalized only" autographs like Peter Bondra but there were few who did not sign at all most notably Mark Messier. Maybe those habits have changed over the years as it´s been a while since I was interested in autographs but I just thought it shows a lack of respect to the fans especially when you are a team´s captain. I totally respect what those guys can/could do on the ice, though not that I´m mistaken.

DS: I see your point. I had some good days and stories to remember from hanging out with some of the players but I only got that chance because I was working for the team. Don´t forget that average Joe who pays a couple hundred $ to get his familiy to the game will never get any closer than waiting outside and ask for a signature for his kid or whatever.