Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CM167

Purchased New Mission 9500: Wheels question

Greetings,

I recently purchased (5/24/06) a brand new pair of Helium 9500s skates. But noticed that when package arrived (today), two of the wheels have defects. One (front wheel) looking like a huge chunk is about to fall right off, the other with a very noticable hole on the side wall. There's even some discoloration in others too. These just arrive today and I have not even had a chance to have them baked if I do decide to go that route.

Do I take it up with place of purchase (ePuck.com) or do I place a call to Mission for warranty replacement/exchange? I would normaly just suck it up and drive on, but I hesitanly passed up the 7500s for a better chasis and wheels too.

Thank you.

Christian

Note that:

ePuck - Service is on point! Will bring my needed services to them again without a doubt.

Mission - Skates are freaking beautiful, so-so comfy, I would compare them to my Kor Shift 1s on wheels. Excellent job, kudos to all.

MSH - Thanks for the shit load of provided information. You guys/gals make decision making a lot easier.

umm the discoloration isnt an issue. I have the 9500s and they to also have discoloration. almost like a to tone type of gray. As for the hole that might be an air pocket in the wheel where the gas is put in or something im not sure maybe mike can clear that up.. most wheels have little air bubbles and thats not a big deal.. as for the chunk im suprised to hear. try and put up a picture cause its hard to really understand what your talking about

With regards to the discoloration, I'll deal with the yellowish tone one of my wheels has.

As for air pockets. I'm familar with them within (inside) the wheels, but not when they are at the surface. I believe any light friction will just tear the wheel apart if the pocket is at the surface.

e9668da3.jpg

25d9c57a.jpg

8de2cb74.jpg

yeah.. i figured i would agree with you when you said you saw a chunk. Thats a problem and im sure rinkrat will fix it for you.. as for the airbubbles at the surface.. ive had my fair share of those and have had no problems.. wouldnt be worried about that

Yep...if you call RR up and shipp them the wheels or email them those pics, they will defiantly send you a replacement....If you wanted a little faster service you could call epuck back and tell them whats up email them the pics and they may even send ya a new set....

i would think mike from rink rat would do the right thing,he came thru for a few of the guys on this board including myself,which i thought was pretty cool.

Update:

My main concern was not being able to skates for this extended Memorial day weekend, I haven't skated in about 10 years and my old skates simply do not fit me. So I put out an email to Epuck and also Rink Rat explaining the situation with attached link to this post. I promptly received an email from both.

First, the very professional gentleman by the name of Thomas of Epuck responded. He let me know that he would email me a UPS shipping label so that I could send out the skates and they would take it up with Mission, also that he would put a brand new pair of skates in the mail today. Amazing! Top notch customer service!!!

During our email correspondence, I got a response from Rink Rat. Just WOW! They really set an example. Mr. D. Reilly of Rink Rat kindly request the size and style I needed for immediate replacement! Just simply Amazing! Thank you sir!

I got back to Mr. Thomas of ePuck letting him know that there was no longer any need to ship out a new pair of skates, being that Rink Rat would stand by their product and replace the wheels. Honestly, I see no problem with the chasis or boot so it would be a waste of monies and time to exchange a perfectly good skate.

In short, Epuck and Rink Rat have a customer for life!

Thank you

Christian

Hey guys,

I just got back from Colorado Springs and have just only found out about your issues. First, sorry for the problem! Second and most importantly were very proud of our customer service at Rink Rat. I'm very happy to hear that your problem was rectified.

Good luck at the Rink boys!

Michael Hunt