Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stix04

CCM Externo E60

I just picked up a pair of these skates at my LHS. I was wondering what you guys thought of them. Wat you like and dislike about them. I'll use them later tonite but i just wanted some feedback.

I have the e-50's, and I think the only difference is the sole of the skate is fibreglass instead of carbon. I love the way they fit me. They are comfy, my feet don't move around at all, and they are holding up pretty well after about 3 months of use, skating on average twice a week. Also forgot to mention that they are pretty stiff as well. Which I like, I am a big guy, so, its good to have. I'm wating for the e60's to drop a little more i cost, so I can throw them on my inline frames.

I have them they are pretty good skates. They are pretty comfy and have give pretty good protection althought they are pretty stiff which i dont really like...but there alright.

ya the only thing i notice wen skating for the 1st time tonoiite was how stiff they were, but maybe theyll loosen over time.

I have them now, and there the best pair of skates Ive ever used. I did'nt think that there would be much of a difference because I have always wore tacks but they felt a lot different, better. I picked the up at my LHS as soon as the vectors were released they dropped from like $390 to $240 or something like that.

I have them now, and there the best pair of skates Ive ever used. I did'nt think that there would be much of a difference because I have always wore tacks but they felt a lot different, better. I picked the up at my LHS as soon as the vectors were released they dropped from like $390 to $240 or something like that.

Same here. I had skated in 1052's and 652's prior to this, and the externos fit much better. They are stiff, but they did loosen up a little bit about a month after i got them once they were broken in completely. I bought them online, so I wasn't able to bake them. But I only paid $149, so i can't complain :)

In my opinion they are great skates for a potential foot, skater, and budget. A normal to wide-ish foot with a medium to low arch, a heavier, more powerful, two way skater looking to capitalize on a great skate from yesteryear. The E-60 is a well built, sturdy, and mostly comfortable boot for the budget minded person I've just described. Bake them at home in your oven for 6 min. at 170 F as they mould right to your foot. While they are the yesterday's model of the Vector Pros, they are still a good skate. I had a pair for six months, before that I was a Bauer and Mega man, (Narrowish foot, high arch, 5'8, 165lbs) and my primary complaint of the E-60s was the stiffness. The fit was fine. I just couldn't get them soft. The skate is impressively durable as after six months mine show little wear and could easily be taken out for another 2 seasons of use. They were just to stiff for me and made me feel too upright in my skates. The E-Holder felt like Tuuks, and I didn't really notice a difference. However, if you want a pair of Vector Pros but can't afford/justify/or be bothered with the Vector Pros buy a pair of E-60s and save a hundred dollars an ounce.