Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vash

Ebay ethics question?

That's a tough situation because it's hard to know when that scratch occured, or even if it affects the integrity of the shaft. I would tell the customer that you are agreeable to providing a refund, but only after you've had the opportunity to look over the shaft; at that point, you'd be able to determine how much you'll be able to refund.

Just an FYI to everyone. This illustrates something my sister told me when eBay was just starting. She bent over backwards to take pictures and describe any defects, scratches, whatever on the items she was selling. That came in handy when she'd have the occasional customer griping about the quality; she could reply that she clearly stated in the second sentence that there was "a scratch just below the doll's left eye."

Since feedback is crucial on eBay, it's important to not give any reason for someone to post negative feedback. (However, going back to the original issue, it's also sometimes important to hold one's ground and say, "I'm sorry, but I've offered a fair resolution to this problem.")

Do you have the link to the auction? Its easier to assess the issue if we know what the customer was purchasing and its discription.

Offer a full refund on the shaft and 1/2 the shipping charges once it is returned. If they wish to continue to fight with you over it, ebay has an outside 3rd party company to moderate these "problems". Even if he/she leaves negative feedback, you can get that removed as well. (I was the poster of Neg feed back which was wthdrawn, once)

Ebay is definetly on the side of the sellers.

Its a easton zbubble shaft...unfortunately teh pictures i took were not that detailed so it wouldn't have captured something that small.

I didn't post the auction link because i didn't want the identity of hte buyer to be revealed in case somebody decided to contact him.

I have dealt with similar situations. Save every email you send to him. Even offer to pay the shipping back to you and you will refund the price after you receive the stick. If he won't do it, contact eBay and include all your emails. If he won't send it to you with you covering shipping he is trying to scam you and they will freeze him. You can call UPS or DHL and set up shipping. All he has do to is drop it off. I have an account with UPS for things like this.

maybe tell him that if it breaks within 30 days after you bought it you will refund the cost. If he wants it, he wont break it on purpose. This would prove to him that it is use able.