Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

berndog

Cool Pickup Session!

well i live up by toronto.. timmins to be presice.. and steve sullivan was my dads linemate.. i played on the same line as a pick up because they didnt have enough guys.. i was younger then everyone by almost 30 yrs haha.. and shit this guy had class.. he wasnt a show boat nothing he played at the same intesity level as the other guys.. and turned it up a knotch when he needed to great guys is all i can say

Explain that?!?!

I've got a serious connection in a family member that allows me to do so. Some have given me things, and in return they have been invited over to my house so we could return the favor.

He created himself in NHL '06.

Im glad you know me that well to make that comment. Im not a little kid with something to prove by lying out my ass on a messageboard.

our orginization is fortunate to have a few ex-pro's and olympians that are coaching or coached in the past for them. All of them are great people and always have time to give you a pointer or two. Watching them skate, stick handle and shoot is always amazing.

One of the things most people (especially non hockey fans) don't know is how accesable most of these guys are. Last year our rink had the Bad Boys tourney, that is closed to the general public and media. It is put together by Jerry Brucheimer (big hollywood guy). He invites his actor friends and NHL players for a 3 day / 4 team tourney. Last year there was pros like Commodore, Speza, Chelios, Federov, Blake, Iginlia, Roenick & Robatile and more there. Everyone of those guys was polite to everyone and took time to talk to people and take pics. Our rink made a condition with them that the kids who play get to watch...not a problem. They even allowed the rink rats (my son was one) to take care of thier gear, run stuff for them and even "coach" the bench. It was a real treat watching my son standing behind Roenick on the bench joking with him.

Hockey players always seem to help each other and pass the sport down. The older guys help the younger guy

Yesterday night i went to my g/f's uncles house to babysit his son. Her uncles name is Guy Turgeon.. and when his son brought me downstairs there was a heap load of jersey's, stick signed posters and shit and from the dallas stars colorado avalanche, montreal candians and stuff. later that night when he got home i asked him where he got all the stuff, i figured ebay or something..and his answer was that Pierre Turgeon is his cuzin.. his dads brother is Pierre's dad.. i was stunned haha.. he met him a few times thow, not like they ever lived close to each other since one an other moved but when he comes down this summer i wanna meet him badly.