Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Labeda Sensor

Hey, Im getting new skates to convert and the sad part is that I cant use a hummer because I dont wanna dremel the new skates. Ive heard the sensor is the best of both worlds (Hi lo and straight setup) Someone care to explain why the setup is like that and any other info. OR do you like them and why?

Thanks!

Hey Koval,

I would not rule out using the Hum'er the dremeling is only on the second wheel spot and it is minimal. Big advantage when you adapt!

Sensor breakdown-

Same height as Hi-Lo for maneuverability, 76mm wheel on toe for greater push duringr takeoff. The added urethane from a 72mm to a 76mm allows skaters to dig in and grab the floor for max power. You do not realize how much toe slip you experience until you have tried the Sensor and go back to a Hi/Lo. Same feeling going from a Humer to a Sensor.

I love my hummers, but I want a cat eye and cant find em, and 2nd I dont wanna screw up my one90's. Can you guys put a cateye on them for me?

If I were you I would go with the normal hummer, a majority of people who have the cateye that I speak to have had problems with denting and such...hope I helped.

If you don't already have Sensor frames, kovalchuk, Sassmasta has G-90s with Sensor Frames for 50 bucks. I'm not sure of the size, but I'd think they would fit. Ask him about them.

don't do it! 76s somewhat defeat the purpose of the system. if you're gonna do that, why bother with the Hum'er? You might as well be something nasty like a sure-grip. ewww...

Don't worry too much about dremelling, it won't affect anything at all. The center of the sole is one of the least important, as the outer edges are transfer power. Go with all 80s, trust me on this one. I got my Vapor XI's done, and they were awesome. Didn't even need to get dremmelled.

The hole would be tiny, maybe look it it was sanded off.

the point of using 76s is so that he wont have to buy a new chassis, but can still have a flat set up. u could also try out 78s dont kno is those would fit tho

The labeda frame was created to compete with Mission's patented Hi-Lo, which utilized the largest standard wheel, the 80mm, as the basis of speed. Because Mission's patent stated that no other company could create a chassis with wheels on two different planes, as in two in front and two in back, Labeda and Tour came up with the Hum'er alternative, which was a straight frame, yes, but had the largest wheels possible.

By using smaller wheels on Big Wheel technology, the skate is taken back in time to a regular straight frame with flat leverage and no perks.

Using 80mm wheels will give you more power, leverage, and stopping ability. Smaller wheels have greater rolling resistance, and will cause greater strain.

My last words in this topic: Do the dremelling. It will be worth it.

Personally I think the sensor frame’s rock! I would do that. I used them in a conversion and loved those skates. I can post picks of them if you would like. The Hummer I also find to be a good one also. Which one of them I really don’t think matters I know the normal Hummer Pro is a little bit more durable. (I have used both hummer frames) Using 76’s I don’t see what toltally is wrong there. For one labeda has made in the past a straight 76’s frame. Something like the pro extreme I believe it was called. Also on the smaller sizes of the new skates from tour they use straight 76’s.

By using smaller wheels on Big Wheel technology, the skate is taken back in time to a regular straight frame with flat leverage and no perks.

Using 80mm wheels will give you more power, leverage, and stopping ability. Smaller wheels have greater rolling resistance, and will cause greater strain.

I wear a size 7 Code 1 skate which has 76mm wheels. Are you saying that I should switch back to Hi-Lo's to benefit speed-wise in due to my small sized skates?

Can someome either post a quick synopsis of, or a link to a discussion on the differences between the hi-lo (I have these), and the labeda frames? Also, what is the dremmeling about? How many different viable frame alternatives are there? If this needs to be a new thread and is a hi-jack, sorry, someone can move it....

Search the forums on both of those topics.

Thanks, I did. I didn't find anything specific that is why I am asking for help and a suggestion to a specific thread if one exists. I'll keep searching.

Using 80mm wheels will give you more power, leverage, and stopping ability.  Smaller wheels have greater rolling resistance, and will cause greater strain.

I wear a size 7 Code 1 skate which has 76mm wheels. Are you saying that I should switch back to Hi-Lo's to benefit speed-wise in due to my small sized skates?

Not necessarily with Code 1s in size 7. If per say, you were in a new Tour skate in size 9s, 76mm wheels would be a downgrade over the 80mm wheels.

The name of the game is personal preference…

The Sensor frame by all means at its release was very unique. If you were like me I questioned the technology and wheel layout of 76-72-80-80. The frame is lite and easy to install. Takes NO cutting away of the boot or well it should not be needed. For me I could gain speed quicker on my sensor frames compared to the Hummer frames. Also I can turn quicker as the wheels are not as big and for me Turing is easier. By default you fell like you are sitting back compared to if you were skating on Hi-Lo frames.

The Hummer frame is to me defiantly the faster frame with the “big wheel†technology. I find my Turing radius not to be as good but my speed to be faster. When it comes to grip and stopping with all four wheels touching the ground evenly I can stop easier and quicker. Also to the advantage I can use harder wheels that will not chip, crack, and still stop well. The Cat eye compared to the normal hummer really has one advantage and that is weight. With a lot more of the frame being cut out. Although a lot of durability questions arise. Do you play Defense? Are you one to stop shots with your frame? Or as in other accounts there Cat eye frames have broke/bent from receiving a pass to the frame. So if you go the route of having a hummer frame mounted I would just choose the regular hummer frame because of durability.

Which would I choose? I would probably pick the sensor frame as I have pretty much skated on them ever since the G-80’s came out cause after those died on my I used them in a custom pair and just recently stopped using them. Sorry that I cannot provide you with the weight of each frame, maybe another MSH’er can. Just remember it is all personal preference.

I bought a pair of skates off ebay, Nike Quest 1 boot with sensor chassis. I agree with davethewave that the wheels do protrude out a ways in front, and I was pretty concerned when I tried them out last week. HOWEVER, the frames seem pretty good, and I didnt have a lot of transition from my old mission skates... As for acceleration, cant really tell much, as the court we play on is slightly bigger than a basketball court.

its so far pretty good... will keep updatin as we go along. I've also got a another pair of skates that I'm gonna try later, S500 boot with Redstar Eframe.