Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Hip Hip Huet!

I think it's good they signed him but at the same time I still have doubts about Huet and hope he will prove me wrong and not become another José "Red Light" Theodore.. but what next? Keep Aebischer and Huet? Trade one or the other? If so which one? Aebischer has proven he can do the job since he's been in the NHL.... or just keep both and risk having one unhappy goalie in the dressing room? there are also rumors that the Habs will be pursuing Jason Arnott on the UFA market. That wouldn't be too bad I guess and it would land them a solid big center, something they've been lacking for many years now.

I'm also not completly convinced with Huet. I'd keep Abby. Althought I thought Huet would get 2.5-3M. Forget Arnott, Lang etc. send the kitchen sink for Gaborik.

There are rumors on radio this morning in the Ottawa/Hull region that Aebischer will be dealt within the next 10 days although Gainey did say that he'd be confortable keeping both Huet and Aebischer which would be a wise choice IMO unless they can really land a good player in a trade involving Aebischer. Some teams out there need a good proven goalie and Aebischer could be a good bait to acquire a big forward we so desparatly need in Montreal. Lets hope Gainey does have a few tricks up his sleeve.