Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chilaxin12

Jozef Balej

I went to a Hartford Wolfpack game this past weekend, and I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen him play, I think he is going to be a good player in the NHL he has some serious dangles and a good shot.

Saw'em play in the Hammer a few times seemed talented, but like something was missing. Didn't have good finishing hands, made alot of moves and worked hard, but had trouble creating real chances.

Theo I agree 100%. It appears he has the tools to be a legit offensive threat at the NHL level, he just needs some refinement to his game and be developed through good coaching.

I watched Josef for a season and a half in Hamilton...last season wasn't great, but this year he was consistantly the best performer on the Bulldogs. Yes, what you've pointed out are all areas that he can work on, but I'd have to say, I don't think he needs much improvement to be a real NHL player. I will be very surprised if he doesn't start next season (assuming there is one) on the Rangers roster. He was so good this season, that even after the trade deadline in March in still won the Hamilton Molson Cup Award for the most Star Selections as well as the Hometown Hero Award as Hard Working player selected after each home game.

If I'm not mistaken, he was Top 5 in Faster Skater and Hardest Shot at the AHL All Star Game this season. there aren't many guys who can do both.

On a personal note, beyond the ice, Manhattan is were Joe belongs...he is a flashy guy that will love the NYC spotlight....his bleach blond hair kinda looked out of place in Blue Collar Hamilton.

We've been kinda of spoiled in the last few years in Hamilton. In the last 2 years, we've seen Michael Ryder, Raffi Torres, Ty Conklin, Jared Stoll, Mathieu Garon, Balej and even a coach (Claude Julien) develop into legitimate NHL talent...gottta love the AHL.

My .02

Cheers!

Ive been really impressed with the play of Balej from what ive seen so far. As for lundmark, i dont think he was given enough chances on the team full of veterans. Maybe next year putting him on the second line and giving him alot of ice will instill some more confidence. Also, while were on the topic of prospects, has anyone seen rangers prospect Petr Prucha? Hes an amazing player who seems to have found a good matching wit Jagr. Only time can tell...........

Guest 2048

Lundmark's problem is his own. He doesn't freaking hustle at all! If he ever moved his legs, you could say it was the fault of the rangers, but he's been given so many chances with so many players and done so little.

I think the Sather screwed that kids head up good. When Lundmark did have good games he was treated as though he was useless. I recall a couple of instances where he played phenomenal and was given a few shifts with the fourth line the next night. I don't think the guy is ever going to be an all-star but with a good coach who put some faith in him and rewarded him for his efforts, he could easily be a solid third line player in the NHL. As for Balej, he's the real deal. May be a little rusty around the edges but he's shows the kind of work ethic and desire to win that the rangers have been lacking since York (fu**in' Sather :angry: ) was traded away.

He is just gonna have to step up his game in the NHL, he wasn't that good with Montreal a couple a games this season, he will be a really talented player for the Rangers in a couple of years, maybe not a star player but an impact player.

I saw him play in either the AHL or ECHL all star game last year and he scored an AMAZING goal.

Basically he went in on a breakaway, drew the puck back and flipped it up in the air, and batted it by the goalie from maybe 8 feet out. He did this at top speed in about 2 seconds. It was unreal to watch.

That was the AHL All Star Game. I remember seeing that goal. It was great, but he ended up a minus 4 in the game (like that matters in an All Star Game)...but he never really did get back on track and his second half wasnt' nearly as good as his first half...which ended in March with the Kovalev trade.