Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton Wood Synthesis BLades/ Hybrid blades

How are the wood ones stiffness and feel wise? Are they really flimsy? THey dont look like they have much reinforcement.

Also, how are the hybrids feel wise?

For the Synthesis the feel and stiffness is good for the first few times you use it but, i found the durability was terrible with these, and i didnt get much use out of a blade. I switched to composite synthesis blades because i was tired of buying a new blade every 2 weeks.

i just got the hybrid ones and a synthesis shaft.

so far i have shot weiht them in my garage and they have felt nic, but i havent used them on ice yet.~

I used my hybrid synthesis for a while, it's a good feeling blade, but I got a wierd crack in mine after... say.. 20 uses.

they are on sale on hockeymonkkey if u need new ones

Shorthanded gave me a great deal on some Hull M-2 blades, so I got those.

Wow, that is a hell of a deal though, 17$ -- I got mine for 25.99 retail.

The hybrid holds up a lot better, it withstands the dampness of playing on ice with surprising ease and stays stiff. It's got the classic wood feel with the durability (more or less) of a composite-esque blade.

ive had a few wood synth. blades and like them, i notice they flex a little with some shots, but i think thats normal with most wood blades

Yeah, that's the only reason I was so happy to move back up to the composite blades, I really like the stiffness of the composite blades vs. the flexibility of the synthesis and wood blades.

Yeah, that's the only reason I was so happy to move back up to the composite blades, I really like the stiffness of the composite blades vs. the flexibility of the synthesis and wood blades.

have you tried the hybrids?

The hybrid holds up a lot better, it withstands the dampness of playing on ice with surprising ease and stays stiff. It's got the classic wood feel with the durability (more or less) of a composite-esque blade.

Yea, I've def noticed the difference since switching from the easton wood blades (which went soft) to the hybrids. Stiffness is just right.

have you tried the hybrids?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, the hybrid.

I had both the hybrid and the normal woody. I hated the hybrid because it would flex big time. The normall woody fixed that, but it got soft pretty quick.