Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheesehead

Training Camp: MSU Hockey

good video, quite interesting to watch, but at times they played over the saem voice clips... like when the coach said he can always be heard saying "go" they used that clip like 3 times

I love watching that, if not because one of my buddies is the third goalie (blue, white, and black pads), but also because of the crap that some of the players say. Gobel says he likes Comley as a coach, but then he transfers to Ohio State a year later. A.J. Thelen says he is committed to making the team better, but his stay is filled with controversy around the rink and leaves after two seasons for the W.

I love watching that, if not because one of my buddies is the third goalie (blue, white, and black pads), but also because of the crap that some of the players say. Gobel says he likes Comley as a coach, but then he transfers to Ohio State a year later. A.J. Thelen says he is committed to making the team better, but his stay is filled with controversy around the rink and leaves after two seasons for the W.

Yea Coach Comley was a mega nazi when he was at NMU, not a players coach at all. Closed skates, no talking to the "press" (we only had one newspaper in mqt), no rap music in the room, he only responded to "Coach Comley", etc, etc, etc.

He's a good coach, kinda, but just cause he's be around for like 40 years he acts like he's the best college coach ever.

Yea Coach Comley was a mega nazi when he was at NMU, not a players coach at all. Closed skates, no talking to the "press" (we only had one newspaper in mqt), no rap music in the room, he only responded to "Coach Comley", etc, etc, etc.

He's a good coach, kinda, but just cause he's be around for like 40 years he acts like he's the best college coach ever.

While it would be hard for most anyone to fill Ron Mason's shoes after he left, Comley was a huge downgrade. Even though he had a NCAA title under his belt, Comley's came from too obscure of a program. I'm not trying to take anything away from Northern, but MSU is a more prominent program. There is more attention given to them, and with the success of Mason, it has magnified every single Comley mistake. We've called for his head for a few seasons now. The Spartans finally put something together in the stretch the past season, but Comley is the last person I give credit to. Lerg got hot (pretty good for a guy who is actually listed at and is at most 5' 5'') and the skaters rallied behind him. Players just don't leave a program in the numbers that left MSU had unless they are amazing or unless something is wrong. It definitely wasn't the first of those options. But then again, Izzo runs a pretty good program across the street with the basketball team, and guys leave there in droves. Maybe it's a State thing :rolleyes: